My situation (brief) - Had a 98 Limited, it got totalled, bought a Jeep Grand (5.9L of fury), but now want another 3rd Gen, but with AWD and no leather seats.

I found a couple of 2002 SE's in my area. One is at a BMW dealership. It is a one-owner trade in. The lady had dogs, because the rear cargo area has dog hair all over. The tonneau cover is missing, as well. Around 84k miles. It's black (my color of choice), stock, and seems to be in really good shape all around. The asking price is $16,900.

The other is also a 2002 SE, but silver. It has 71k miles and they're asking $17,500. It is also a one-owner car, and the carfax shows no accidents.

Both rigs are 100% stock. The black one does have new BFG tires on it. When I was starting up the black one, a belt started squealing. It did it for a couple of seconds and went away. Is this something I should be worried about?

I haven't been to take a look at the silver one yet, but will this week.

What do you guys think of the prices? How much more should I be shooting for? The prices around here are kind of high. The trade-in for the black one was around $14k, I think. Maybe offer $15k OTD?