Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2001 - 2002 Sport Editions

Re: 2001 - 2002 Sport Editions

p nut,

so have you done any research on local area pricing? if so, what did you find out?

just as a reference point, i bought my 98 sr5 for $15.5 w/ 55k. im in CA, so its a more competitive market. it seems that your prices are above the norm.

btw, how old are you? if you are younger, they will almost always jack you up on the pricing b/c they think you are young and dumb

bob

Yeah, locally, the ones I looked at were all in the $17-19k range with 70-90k miles. It seems as though the pricing is pretty high up here (Utah), too, since 4WD's are in higher demand and Toyota's hold their value ridiculously well. I am well into my 20's (will be 30 this year...still feel weird about that). The dealerships have treated me professionally enough (plus, one of the guys there is a friend of mine from college). Even looking at private sellers, the prices are highly inflated compared to other places (East Coast, mostly).

The black one sold a couple of days ago. I did test drive a new Tacoma yesterday, though. It felt really nice. It was the Access Cab (I don't like how the D-Cab looks) with the TRD OR package. It looked really good. The only complaint that I might have is the lack of room in the interior. I also test drove the new FJC. It was nice as well. The rear seats were actually pretty roomy and comfortable.

Anyway, if a nice 3rd gen doesn't come up this week or the next for a decent price, I might just pony up the cash for a new rig.
    Land Cruiser

Try Carmax if you have those out there. I bought mine there and actually paid just over trade in for it. The dealership will be slightly higher, or perhaps a dealer that does not carry Toyota that is selling a 4Runner?

Aaron
    I can, because I don't know that I can't.

when shopping for cars near katrina fallout-beware of reconditioned vehicles that got flooded and fixed. check the history.

i paid 16,900 for my '02 (2WD) in '05 and it had 74k mi on it, now @131K w/o any issues.
    they had 3 similiar on the lot and bargained a price (all were over 18k) for the least desirable of the 3 and said id pay that for the loaded version.
    also helped $$$ unloading the 94 blazer at the same time

i looked to see what mine is worth and i think i could still get ~15K today for it.
    [quote author=Euphorickaty80 link=topic=575.msg3747#msg3747 date=1175627780]<br />I was alot of fun to build.[/quote]

Ok, I think I've made my decision. The FJC was cool and all, but the things that bothered me were that huge blind spot, and the windshield issue (supposedly, the windshield cracks REAL easily and the replacements are $1300--yikes). Plus, without a lift and 33+" tires, they don't look that great. And if I did put 33-35" tires, the MPG would really suffer for my commutes.

The Access Cab Tacoma was just too small inside....so I'll be getting the Double Cab Tacoma. I should be finalizing the deal this week.

Thanks for the help, all.
    Land Cruiser

Not a bad way to go. Dcabs are nice. Also very easy to find witht he factory rear locker (All TRDs thru 2004)

Good choice.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Yep that s what I would have purchased had I not found the 4Runner, then My brother got one.

Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

Well, I went to the dealership yesterday and figured out the price on a 2007 D-Cab Tacoma TRD Off-Road (Diff Lock, JBL 6-disk stereo, etc), Super White. I was SO close to signing on the dotted line. At the last minute, I told them I needed to think about it. And right now, I'm glad that I didn't sign. It was an awesome looking truck, and had everything that I wanted, and they gave me a GREAT deal. However, $30+k is a big chunk of change. I just didn't want to put that much into a depreciating asset.

On a brighter note, I think I might have found 2 very possible candidates for my next rig. Both 4Runners, one is a Sport and the other Limited. I'm going to take a look at them this weekend, and hopefully drive away in one of them.
    Land Cruiser

Ok, sold my Jeep. It's crunch time. There is a 2002 Sport with 70k miles out in New York that I'm looking at. There is also a 2002 SR5 with 60k miles locally. I'm going to take a look at it today. If memory serves correct, the only difference between the Sport and SR5 is the hood scoop, fenders and interior accents (aluminum dash pieces, cloth seat design, etc.), right?

The SR5 is cheaper, so I might end up getting that, unless anyone has objections. The Sport does look sweet, and it's a CPO, but it's 2300 miles away. And if I get out there and it drives funky, smells funny, etc., that would suck.
    Land Cruiser

buy local, p nut for the very reason you mentioned

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast