Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2001 - 2002 Sport Editions

Re: 2001 - 2002 Sport Editions

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
    buy local, p nut for the very reason you mentioned
    agreed, only reason im looking here in South Carolina and out in Colorado/UTAH/wyoming area is because ill also be out there.

also if you can get a sport with leather it will be very rare, i have one of very limited 01 sports that have leather, my friends 99 highlander has leather and those are the only two ive seen with leather.

just my worthless .02

edit: just forgot you didnt want leather, my bad bro.

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Thanks, guys. I think I will buy local. I could not check it out today. I've got the appointment set up for tomorrw.

neli - I do not ever want to own leather interior again, unless it's a heated/cooled seat. Even then, I think I would still prefer cloth.
    Land Cruiser

Just picked up a SIlver 2002 SE. Thanks everyone.
    Land Cruiser

nice

put some pics of it up when you can.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

I wasn't too sure about the color when I bought it. I was really looking for a black. I still do think black does look the best, but this Thunder Cloud Metallic is a very close second. I love the deep silver. Here is one crappy pic.

Land Cruiser

real nice looking rig.

How far do you plan on taking it as far as mods?
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

nice looking rig. i say you should call it the silver bullet.
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Thanks, guys.

ecchamberlin - I am not going to go crazy yet. I am building a house, so I need to keep this as a daily driver friendly vehicle until then (plus, I have a 100 mile commute daily, so MPG is more important to me than 33" tires). So for now, I think I'm just going to get some Stubbs sliders (yes, the running boards will be taken off), and some Toyo Open Country's or REVO's, but that will be about it. In a few months, though, I will buy another daily driver and make this more off-road capable. I love what you've done to yours and will probably serve as a model to what I'm going to do. Only other thing I would do would be to get a rear bumper w/a tire carrier.

randver - I would call it the silver bullet, but it's not the fastest thing. My 98 had a supercharger on it, and that was much faster. But, the reason why I didn't want a supercharger this time was because the supercharged rigs require more maintenance, premium fuel, etc. I just wanted a solid, reliable rig for the long-haul.
    Land Cruiser

just a hint darker then mine, my coworker has that exact same one except its a 2wd and they look cleaner if not more shiny then my millenium silver does.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by p nut
    Thanks, guys.

ecchamberlin - I am not going to go crazy yet. I am building a house, so I need to keep this as a daily driver friendly vehicle until then (plus, I have a 100 mile commute daily, so MPG is more important to me than 33" tires). So for now, I think I'm just going to get some Stubbs sliders (yes, the running boards will be taken off), and some Toyo Open Country's or REVO's, but that will be about it. In a few months, though, I will buy another daily driver and make this more off-road capable. I love what you've done to yours and will probably serve as a model to what I'm going to do. Only other thing I would do would be to get a rear bumper w/a tire carrier.

randver - I would call it the silver bullet, but it's not the fastest thing. My 98 had a supercharger on it, and that was much faster. But, the reason why I didn't want a supercharger this time was because the supercharged rigs require more maintenance, premium fuel, etc. I just wanted a solid, reliable rig for the long-haul.
    makes sense to me. I just bought a daily driver myself but have been so busy with my new house that I have not done a single thing to the runner since closing on the house. just the way it goes I guess.

Daily driver is so nice to have though. 37mpg out of a $2,500 car with no payment is perfect for my commute.

Gonna enjoy watching you build her up in the next few years.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast