Thread: Convertible FJC?!?

Navigator

Convertible FJC?!?

So i was in Thousand Oaks at my girlfriend's college (Cal Lutheran), and i noticed this driving into the parking lot:

I've never seen a convertible FJ before, and i wish i had seen it with the top down... all i can say is it looked awesome!

Anyone here ever seen one before? was this a factory option or a aftermarket thing? i dont know FJCs very well...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Re: Convertible FJC?!?

That was an aftermarket conversion. There was a picture of one somebody posted a while back from a car show, but I didn't know these actually got sold.

IIRC, the top doesn't fold into the body, so it's really bulky looking once the top is folded back. The doors still have the frames too, so it's kinda ungly, IMHO. Course, I never really liked the FJC to begin with.

Just my $.02.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Wow that's ugly! What's withthe flat bit on the back? Looks like they forgot a rib? Can't believe someone paid money for this! Alot of money!!!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Me no likey. Expensive, dumb looking and you lose all your cargo area.

There were a few of those floating around at West Coast dealers when the FJC's first came out. Normal FJC was $22K-$28K at the time. These things were $60K-$70K!
    -andy