View Poll Results: Sould I have and internal or exo cage built...pros/cons?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internal...exo cages are ugly

11 64.71%
  • Exo cage...more body glass protection

6 35.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A cage for Goldmember....internal or exo?

Re: A cage for Goldmember....internal or exo?

Yes, it only covers the front seats, but I am having a rear full cage made...just saving some time and money by buying the front portion that requires the most work.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

go exo. you dont want any little fingers getting smashed between the cage and the body if you do roll
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Quote Originally Posted by Marc P
    Yes, it only covers the front seats, but I am having a rear full cage made...just saving some time and money by buying the front portion that requires the most work.
    Cool, just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting.

FYI, I voted exo, but mainly because you have a lot of glass and metal that still looks nice and you are solid axle. I think a combo of both will be great.

Any plans for 5point harnesses?
    My signature

Good looking out Scuba...didnt see that special. For that price, maybe I will do the internal and a partial exo?

Thanks for the input guys..
    No problemo.
    Can't wait to see what you come up with

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

I vote exo! I admit that I'm not the biggest fan of the exocage look, but I prefer keeping my sheet metal straight and keeping whatever cargo space I have. Compared to a pickup our 4runners have a ton more room, but if you're taking the whole family camping you'll probably need every inch of it.

Thanks for the input...I ordered the Marlin internal cage and will have that tied into a full interior cage.

I have had this partial exo in my backyard for a long time now...I may get it installed along with a new set of sliders I bought

Is that a 5 speed transmission out of a civic? Are you selling it?

Marc, this might sound stupid, but have you given any honest thought to a removable exo at all plus an internal front section?

If done correctly, you can do tie ins around the body work and have it all look really nice on or off. The bonus being is then you can also get really trick and have a removable rear RTT/Storage Cage for the back for things like camping, etc. Sort-of like you&#39;d stack that onto the exo.

I can&#39;t find a better pic right now of the interlock mount I am referring to, but give me a little to websearch an image. Here are what I mean (But hard to see): http://metroredneckoffroad.com/Web%2...age/index.html

Just an idea I&#39;ve ben tossing around for a bit as a way to have the both of best worlds, and in places where I&#39;d want to camp off of the ground (basecamp) and might still want armor. The thing is you would then have the tie ins showing, but still, be able to multi-task the stuff.

I bought the Marlin internal cage ( in my garage now)..it will be tied into a full internal cage, and then a partial exo cage will be put on. My wife helped with the decision...she thinks the full exo is ugly an reminds her of headgear and braces.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Cool, because it isn't like you can't readily get your hands on replacement body panels with you being at a dealership.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12