Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the mighty Cleghorn has fallen?

the mighty Cleghorn has fallen?

havnt seen it for myself but this report dosnt looks good over on MJR

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...488#post164488

Re: the mighty Cleghorn has fallen?

I'll see it for myself May 15
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Navigator

damn, i never got to experience it...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

one of the guys posted links to his pictures. the place is done for good. the barricades are pretty serious and permanent

jack hammers, lots of straps and shovels, lets make it an event lol!

I had heard rumors that this might happen at some of the SBNF meetings awhile back, but I never thought it would actually go through. What a bummer. I really liked that place.

Those pictures literally almost bring a tear to my eye.

I guess I just don't understand why it's such a big issue that it's getting "torn up". They knew it was going to get torn up forever ago, so why have they let it continue until now.

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

the end of an era..... fun trail and a great place for noobs like me to get hooked on wheeling.
    a few posts to remember the good times....

my first wheeling trip(its all scubas fault)
    http://www.yotatech.com/f15/cleghorn-ridge-157946/

http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...=8851.msg85634
    http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...=8817.msg85320

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    Those pictures literally almost bring a tear to my eye.

I guess I just don't understand why it's such a big issue that it's getting "torn up". They knew it was going to get torn up forever ago, so why have they let it continue until now.

Because Scuba - all this time they have been spending the budget for "trail maintenance" on other stuff, and padding thier pockets, and screwing us over!!
    Then when it reaches a "critical point" they either have to put up (the money) or close up. Since they dont have all that maintenance money they have been taking over the years, they just shut the doors, and try to justify it some other way!!

...not that it's a sore subject or anything. They did us south eastern folks the same way with Tellico.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Navigator

thing about cleghorn, it had a club that had adopted it... so they should have been taking care of it too...

kinda pisses me off though, wonder if any of the MyJeepRocks guys have gotten ahold of anyone to see whats up...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast