Thread: kill switch ???

kill switch ???

hey guys ....
    i have a 91 4runner and i am a little afraid that i might get stolen ...
    i was told that i killswitch was a cheap, affective way to prevent that ..
    i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to install a kill switch for my 4runner ...
    thanks

Re: kill switch ???

IMHO the best thing is to never discuss this type of thing openly online. Why tell someone how to defeat your security, right?

There are technical diagrams available online at http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page2.asp

Just be sure you understand what wire is what on your specific vehicle and how to actually do the install.

*Mods, maybe put that link into the FAQ or Wiki since it comes up all over the internet and other forums all the time?

Re: kill switch ???

I doubt someones gonna read online how he did it, maybe if you put pics up or something.

Go out and get a battery disconnect switch, then wire it into the battery inline with a large circuit breaker (just incase something happens), hide the switch and your good to go. Bad thing is b/c your totally cutting off power from the truck you lose all computer settings and radio settings.

Could also wire it to the starter/starter relay, so although you have power in the car the starter will not turn period.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX