Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truck got rear ended today

Truck got rear ended today

Leaving school round 12:30 at an extremely busy intersection today I had to stop so as to not continue into the intersection and block it ( had a green light but didn't want to block the intersection). Low and behold some bro decides to not pay attention well enough and rear end my Tacoma. He had his Hyundai elantra full with him and 4 passengers and I even heard him say to one of his friends "yeah dude I was looking back at that mercedes..."

Anyway, my truck didn't have a scratch. With the bobbed bed I have an extra 2X2 cross member welded in right under the tailgate. That and the shackles make a pretty good make shift bumper :hillbilly:... Funny how I'm about to buy materials for a rear bumper tomorrow.
    Anyway, on to the carnage :

[img width=800 height=600]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Sycosurfer150/IMG_0870.jpg[/img]

[img width=800 height=600]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Sycosurfer150/IMG_0868.jpg[/img]

[img width=800 height=600]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Sycosurfer150/IMG_0869.jpg[/img]

Deff not as horrible as it could have been.

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Re: Truck got rear ended today

should tell him he owes you $5 for a can of flat black to touch up the "damage"
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

he definitely got it alot worse than you. Did you guys have to file a report?
    1986 pickup 4x4 SR5, 5-spd, 33x10.5 BFG KM1 muds, 2&quot; body lift, front and rear lockrights, 4.88s, 4.7 t-case with Dave&#39;z twin stick,&nbsp; BudBuilt crossmember with 1&quot; drivetrain lift, Downey grille guard and skid plate, TG sliders, MC rear bumper

"hi, insurance adjuster man, look at my truck, the impact made the of my truck a foot shorter, and the bumper was completely disappeared. I think I need to have a complete overhaul. and disregard the "chicks dig body damage" sticker, somebody else put it on there, it wasn't me.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Good to see no one was hurt... Sucks for that guy though... "Bros" - real winners, eh?
    --Chris--<br />Facebook Me!<br />1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited / Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift / 4Crawler Offroad 2&quot; Body Lift / ProComp 8069 16x8 / 315-75 GoodYear Duratracs / Modified ARB front / BruceTS Rear / WABFAB custom stuffs

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    haha i agree! :-P

hopefully u dont get slammed though for not having a rear bumper on the truck...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Glad to hear that no one got hurt.

With as many accidents as you have, you should keep a stack of "Chicks Dig Body Damage" stickers in your glovebox to hand out after the accident.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    Quote Originally Posted by corax
    haha i agree! :-P

hopefully u dont get slammed though for not having a rear bumper on the truck...
    Rear bumpers are Not required by law, however Ca registration is....

Quote Originally Posted by X-Tool Pimp
    Not with a Valid DOD sticker on the windshield and a Valid DOD ID card in my wallet.
    Truck is under my mothers name, she can choose to keep the vehicle registered wherever she would like, federal law.

Rear bumper build started today.
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Tool Pimp
    Not with a Valid DOD sticker on the windshield and a Valid DOD ID card in my wallet.
    Truck is under my mothers name, she can choose to keep the vehicle registered wherever she would like, federal law.
    Man, Stephen, people don't wanna leave you alone about that do they?
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast