Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a 2000 Limited for FREE!

Re: Picked up a 2000 Limited for FREE!

Wow great project and for FREE, can't beat that. Very interested to see how it turns out. Did your friend do the work that's on it currently?

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    So for now it will stay, street only,
    oh ya, and since when does 2wd mean street only??? turn it into a desert racer! :-D
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Does it have manual hub spindles on it or did he just leave the outer stub shafts in when he pulled the front drivetrain?

Did your friend buy it new?

So I was thinking about this this morning on the way to work. How do people score like this? I've never know anyone who would give me a car (maybe I'm just a dick). As it is I'm always toying with the idea of dropping a grand on a POS station wagon to beat the crap out of. A 4runner is one thing but there aren't even people around giving away beat to hell, rusty, smokey, old junkers .

You always hear of stories "Someone was throwing this out", "they almost paid me to take it", "crusing craigslist". etc.

Cheers to you Bruce for a free ride. Even if the completion is out a ways, timewise, you could always tow it up a hill and cruise down.

I always wonder about these projects too. That truck was about $37k new and before it had 9,000 miles on it the drivetrain was torn out and certainly over $10k was invested in the brakes and rear diff, only to turn around and give it away? You scored big.

Impressive score, the body alone (with no rust) would be worth a small fortune up here.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Navigator

i think its in a lot better condition than your green one bruce... you should trade :-P swap all ur stuff onto the silver one, (and the 3.4) and throw the 1gr into the green one and make it the street truck... the silver one looks like its ready for a lot of abuse, and the green one has already taken a lot of abuse :-P
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    bah it's not green!
    Was thinking about getting into contact with Coors and see if they'd want to put their graphics on in.....Silver Bullet....hahaha
    Bah...Coors Light (I really just wanted to say Bah too)

Cool project though, I can see the potential for someone with electrical experience liek yourself.
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

Looks like I will be using the electronics from the 2005 Tacoma, since the URD supercharger works so much better with the throttle by wire set-up. I may have to fabricate a new oil pan, since there may be clearance issue with the steering rack. won't know til I try a test fit.

It did have a twin turbo set-up on the stock engine at one time that produced aprox 600 HP, but the shortblock couldn't handle the power. A new block was being built up with a custom billet crankshaft, but the whole drive train was sold to someone else, before it got installed.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast