Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: THE SLACKER THREAD

Re: THE SLACKER THREAD

* replace wheel bearings (driver / passenger)
    * repack grease in the cv boots cuz it decided to spew its guts out a few weeks ago
    * alignment... ugh
    * repair headlamp housing and mounting tabs
    * repair exhaust hanger (it broke)
    * repair o2 sensor (it broke when the exhaust hanger broke)
    * add windshield wiper fluid container and connect all of the wiring/tubing so it works
    * repair airbag (it's not connected - then again maybe I don't need to connect it eh)
    * repair any damaged wiring harnesses from the last trip (washboards can do a number on the most random crap!)

I have everything I need to fix everything but I'm just "lazy" or rather no time to work on it. Maybe tomorrow seriously!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Quote Originally Posted by wifesaysimadumbass
    sr5 cluster is done tach works and now i have gauges f&^kin a!!!! now on to the other crap i will get a list going
    mike kids are no excuse i have 5 kids and i just got a project done until you get something done you will be flogged publicly now get to it
    Oh yeah you have 5. Hell if I had five I'd be in a coma, on the couch and about 400 pounds. Actually that doesn't sound half bad. I haven't been able to just chill for a while. Well I did address one door and raced my bike tonight. One day at a time.

I'd be better about doing stuff if I weren't on the internet telling people about all the things I wasn't getting done...

I need to regear, tranny cooler, BudBuilts, Swaybar disco's, finish up the welding on the rear bumper, order a spare tire/rim, replace the u-joints... I've got a list, just no $$$$ or time...

I'm double majoring in Facebook and procrastination with a minor in web-wheeling...
    --Chris--<br />Facebook Me!<br />1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited / Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift / 4Crawler Offroad 2&quot; Body Lift / ProComp 8069 16x8 / 315-75 GoodYear Duratracs / Modified ARB front / BruceTS Rear / WABFAB custom stuffs

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by kregg
    I'm double majoring in Facebook and procrastination with a minor in web-wheeling...
    and i second that motion :-P
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I started on my list tonight. I was overdue for an oil change, that is now done. I also cleaned up and repainted the rear control arms, shocks and rear diff after Death Valley sandblasted it all.

Still remaining on the list are:

-sand and repaint rock sliders
    -install HID ballasts and bulbs into my Hella Micro DE fog lights
    -change the front & rear diff fluids, xfer case and transmission fluids with synthetic
    -complete clay bar, polish and wax detail

non-car related includes:
    -replace flickering kitchen flourescent light
    -finish my backyard sprinkler system (install three new electric solenoid valves to replace leaking ones and three pressure reducers for drip, plus running the drip lines
    -trim out windows in house. (sheetrock window surrounds aren&#39;t cutting it anymore)
    -cut down two medium-sized liquid amber trees, one medium aspen tree and one small aspen tree

The house list is infinitely long, but those will cover the next five months or so.

-build 2 decks
    -finish rewiring my house
    -painting my house
    -painting more rooms in my house
    -pressure washing my driveway
    -build my garden beds
    -replace windows and 1 slider in my house
    -build my bar
    -go shooting
    -go camping (though that will be checked off soon)

Ugh.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

lets see, for the 4runner:

center console
    paint bumpers, sliders, grill, door bottoms
    rear bumper swing gate, mounting brackets to frame
    ham radio install
    rack lights
    rock lights

all of those projects are in various phases from nearly complete to nearly started.

VW projects started:
    strip interior
    rewire

to be started and finished:
    reupholster
    new rubber all around
    new headliner
    new carpet
    rust repair
    new bushings, bearings, etc
    engine overhaul/rebuild
    sand, prime, paint
    reassemble

other:
    finish designing CNC/3D printer/Laser etcher
    build CNC/3D printer/Laser etcher

my life is just one big half finished project. this list doesnt even include the work at my parents house, the g/f's car, etc. maybe someday ill finish all of these.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

As long as Mike&#39;s throwing up a pic..Forget my making a list man, I&#39;m a newborn-father taking care of a 90 year old w/ Parkinson&#39;s.

I live in sheer denial, you hear that sheer de ni al of all I need to play catch up on, let alone the "Honey-Do List". Leave it all be and just go out for a quick bike ride is my motto right now.

When I can get more than 5 hours of sleep in any given night I&#39;ll worry about not slacking. Besides, I have my "Helper" to go tearing through my school/work bag for me apparently. MMM, drool all over my supplies, jersey, and hoodie..

Look at that guilty smile and laughter..I wouldn&#39;t trade this for the world.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    I started on my list tonight. I was overdue for an oil change, that is now done. I also cleaned up and repainted the rear control arms, shocks and rear diff after Death Valley sandblasted it all.

Still remaining on the list are:

-sand and repaint rock sliders
    -install HID ballasts and bulbs into my Hella Micro DE fog lights
    -change the front & rear diff fluids, xfer case and transmission fluids with synthetic
    -complete clay bar, polish and wax detail

non-car related includes:
    -replace flickering kitchen flourescent light
    -finish my backyard sprinkler system (install three new electric solenoid valves to replace leaking ones and three pressure reducers for drip, plus running the drip lines
    -trim out windows in house. (sheetrock window surrounds aren&#39;t cutting it anymore)
    -cut down two medium-sized liquid amber trees, one medium aspen tree and one small aspen tree

The house list is infinitely long, but those will cover the next five months or so.
    Holy paint.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike

Holy paint.

Lol...
    --Chris--<br />Facebook Me!<br />1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited / Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift / 4Crawler Offroad 2&quot; Body Lift / ProComp 8069 16x8 / 315-75 GoodYear Duratracs / Modified ARB front / BruceTS Rear / WABFAB custom stuffs

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast