Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: THE SLACKER THREAD

THE SLACKER THREAD

If you guys need a thread to post up your projects that you have neglected, you know the type of project. You have all the parts so it's not a money thing and you've wasted plenty of time playing video games and rc cars. Well there is nothing like peer pressure and public ridecule to get you motivated to get started or finish it. The parts are there on the shelf. You walk past the parts and try not to look at them so as not to instill you sense of guilt. Your wife gives you crap because it was part you "HAD TO HAVE." Well fear not slackers this thread will motivate your lazy ass to get off the HALO3 and get your sorry bones into the garage where you belong! It's time for late nights with beer and wrenches. To make you suckers feel better about your laziness I will post up my ultimate slack off first. Since I am king of the slackers you will begin to feel better and reclaim that spot on your garage shelf for you wifes worthless xmas decorations.

MINE:

SR5 gauge swap
    part recieved about three weeks after buying the truck
    completion date will be tonight

get on it bitches
    85 4 runner that's just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

Re: THE SLACKER THREAD

Mine aren't necessarily vehicle related by slacking nonetheless.

-Sanding a 1"X12" section of 3 interior doors in my house. The paint kind of sticks so it makes noise when you open and close them.
    -Fixing my dome light. I think I've got a lose wire that will take minutes to fix.
    -Properly washing both vehicles.
    -Changing the fluids on the wife's car (I have half of them already).
    -Completing version 2 of my 4runner awning. All the parts in sitting there.
    -Spraying roundup on random weeds in the yard

It goes on and on. They are all easy tasks that will not take much if any money to complete, just time. I seem to have plenty of time to ride my bike (racing and double centuries), sit in front of the computer and to watch TV. I guess it's mostly priority but I have found enough time to hang out with the wife, child and get some sleep. This makes it all worth it.

[img width=800 height=531]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/mezamichael82/Maggie/DSC_0394.jpg[/img]

Navigator

i actually dont think i have any of those right now... except school essays :-P
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

hummm sand and paint my sliders.

oh ya and get a new job.
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

sr5 cluster is done tach works and now i have gauges f&^kin a!!!! now on to the other crap i will get a list going
    mike kids are no excuse i have 5 kids and i just got a project done until you get something done you will be flogged publicly now get to it
    85 4 runner that&#39;s just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

Touch up my armor
    touch up some of the holes inside my bed.
    Cut the door pins on the passenger side door ( for quick disco doors)
    track down all my hand tools
    buy a center cap and bore it out for a manual hub.
    4 essays for my English class
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

weeeee hooooo i have a sr5 gauge cluster and it works tach and all post pics later ...

now on the list:
    change all fluids diffs, trans and transfer (got the lucas on the shelf)
    pressure wash all the power steering fluid from when i sprung a leak at superstition
    85 4 runner that&#39;s just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

Just changed the oil in the truck... I'd had the oil and filter for about a week or so... Check off one of my slacker items...
    --Chris--<br />Facebook Me!<br />1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited / Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift / 4Crawler Offroad 2&quot; Body Lift / ProComp 8069 16x8 / 315-75 GoodYear Duratracs / Modified ARB front / BruceTS Rear / WABFAB custom stuffs

-I have to take the tires off my old rims. They've been sitting next to the house for over a year.

-Find a better job. I wouldn't say I'be been slacking on this, but I haven't been trying as hard as I could be either.

-Replace my fuel filter. Have the part, just haven't done it.

-
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Just finished up a body swap, an SR5 gauge swap, and a complete rewire.

Need to finish the cage, bob the top to match the body, and finish stripping out the old body.

Ridicule away. Maybe I will get motivated. lol
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast