Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mmmmMMMMMuuu HHHhhhaahahahaaa!

mmmmMMMMMuuu HHHhhhaahahahaaa!

Some of y'all are aware of my lifelong affair and only guilty pleasure with firearms. Back in 1996 HK developed a super USP .45 for the military AKA the Mark 23 (civilian version). It is the only offensive handgun created. I immediately lusted in my heart for one. At over 2000.00 dollars for the base kit, I choked and waited until late 2001 when I could better afford one.

Since that initial purchase I knew I would eventually want to acquire the whole kit which included an Insight Tech Laser Aiming Module and a Knights Armament sound suppressor; each of which proved to be both expensive and elusive. Yesterday, after nearly ten years of procratination and delay I finally picked up the final component...the Knights Arms suppressor.

The laser module was purchased just as Insight was discontinuing production. The suppressor being a class III item comes with it's own obstacles let alone that Knights is a military contractor and for the past 10 years has been focused on war production; only doing intermittent civilian fulfillment. Which makes waiting even more intolerable. I ordered my suppressor in Apr. 08. It was delivered to my class III FFL in Aug/Sept 09 and the tax stamp was issued in Feb '10. I didn't get the message until yesterday. Now for some gun pr0n...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Re: mmmmMMMMMuuuHHHhhhaahahahaaa!

The total collector value of this unit is worth more than my Tundra. :cry:
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

man i so want one. and man do i hate Ca gun laws. i just bought a Remington Model 870 Tactical. today and this 10 day wait is going to kill me
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Yeah, the ten day wait would be enough to send me out of the State for good.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

you suck....

We need to have a party at your place so I can see all of your toys! Sadly my toys aren't as exciting as yours...
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

2 years, 200 bucks + cost of suppressor for muffler parts and fender washers..

Isnt it a shame?
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

im pretty sure my girlfriend should be very very jealous of that HK.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

dude....

seriously, dude....

Well done Fuster!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Gun party in Utah? I'm in!!!! I'll let y'all play with mine if I can play with yours...Hehe. It is a shame, given our constitutional recogition of God given freedom to own such things, that our govt. reasons it has control to limit or at least obstruct that freedom; although most of that wait time was my own procrastination and Knight's civilian production cycles.

...and Sean, if you have a girlfriend that appreciates HKs, What are you waiting for? SHE'S A KEEPER!!!! Marry her already! Hehe...or at least bring her along to the Utah gun party

Anyway, thanks guys. Lately, I've been refining my collection by selling off the firearms that for one reason or another, have fallen from grace and am focusing on quality and collectability rather than volume. The models I have left are the truly quality and collectable examples.

Sometimes, as with my LAR Grizzly, they are out of production and parts/components are hard to find. It can literally take years to locate what I need. Yesterday, I found a rare caliber conversion kit for the Grizzly. It is the final kit to complete that collection. It's as rare as it is odd. LAR manufacturing went experimental in the late 1980s and early '90s. They developed a 1911 style match grade pistol "on steroids" in 45 Winchester Magnum. It is truly a fine magnum with 4 available conversion kits: .357 Rem Magnum, 10mm, .45 acp and the proprietary 357/45 Grizzly Win Mag. The 357/45 GWM was the kit I just bought to complete that collection. I have been working on that for 6 years now. It's prolly asking too much, but I hear there is at least one more experimental conversion kit in 9mm Winchester Magnumthat was never in production, but there did exist a few. Maybe someday one of those will pop up. I'm not holding my breath though.

So unexpectedly, after all these years, two of my project guns have been finished in one week. NEXT!
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Come to think of it, did I ever post pics of my Sig 556 Classic Swat project?
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast