Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 17 more states agree w/Az

17 more states agree w/Az

Im liking this: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=156985 Just hope they follow through
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Re: 17 more states agree w/Az

I don't see what the big fuss is. I mean from what I've heard a cop can only ask for papers during a legal run in. I mean, im sure a cop will ask a mesican for papers 9 times out of 10 compared to 0/10 for an anglo... Maybe its racial profiling, but do illegals have american constitutional rights ?
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

I wish NC was on that list.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Navigator

I wish California was on that list... but we are WAY too liberal a state to press anything like that through, unfortunately... but as more states pass similar, something will be done about it, hopefully at the federal level (as they will be forced to)
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I admit that I still haven't read the law. From what I understand though, it states that police officers can ask for proof of citizenship if they have probably cause to suspect a person is illegal, after they have already stopped them for some other illegal activity. The latter part is the basis for the fear of racial profiling. That fear however could be used for any situation like having an officer pull over a hispanic driver because he's racist. I don't think this law changes the fact that a racist police officer is going to be a racist and harass people. The problem isn't the law it's people's racism. Does anyone disagree?

On another note, it would be nice if the economy picked up, people started hiring again, and I had the money to actually do something to the 4Runner. This economy stinks.
    96 4Runner, 2.7L 4WD<br />&quot;Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. &quot; - Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Small_words
    I admit that I still haven't read the law. From what I understand though, it states that police officers can ask for proof of citizenship if they have probably cause to suspect a person is illegal, after they have already stopped them for some other illegal activity. The latter part is the basis for the fear of racial profiling. That fear however could be used for any situation like having an officer pull over a hispanic driver because he's racist. I don't think this law changes the fact that a racist police officer is going to be a racist and harass people. The problem isn't the law it's people's racism. Does anyone disagree?

On another note, it would be nice if the economy picked up, people started hiring again, and I had the money to actually do something to the 4Runner. This economy stinks.
    I've skimmed the law, both federal and AZ, and it essentially gives AZ state police officers the same abilities as a federal agents when it comes to immigration status. If a police officer pulls someone over, stops them, responds to a crime, etc they are allowed to verify whether the individuals are here legally or not.

I don't seem to understand the blatant attack on anyone supporting this law, and furthermore I don't seem to understand how allowing illegal immigration to continue is, in any way, a good thing. The people immigrating across the boarder are subject to abuse and have little or no recourse since they are here illegally they can't just go to the cops without fear of their immigration status coming up. It's bad for the economy as they usually don't pay much in the form of taxes. Crime rates from the bad ones doing bad things.....

I can go on and on about the issues we have, but if there's one thing about this situation that frustrates me more than anything else. Most people who are complaining about this new law don't live near the boarder, they're over on the east coast, or up here in liberal land living in their bubble world. Until someone actually lives down there, and has to see what's going on day to day, they really shouldn't be boycotting, condemning, or anything else other than speculating (this includes me)

It's great that people want to still come to this country, and if anything, says A LOT about the land we live on. However, these people are simply taking advantage of the situation, and if to alleviate the problem we need to improve the immigration process, then I'd be all for that over turning a blind eye.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

I agree with Oly..

Want to know the REAL numbers ? http://immigrationcounters.com/

Basically, the identification they require is a valid drivers license. In AZ, one must be here legally to have a drivers license. That's it.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Heard this on the radio, so I don't know how true this is, but before this law, if a cop pulls somebody over and the cop thinks the driver of the car is an immigrant, the cop can't ask for any ID. So all this new law does is sets the same guidelines for everybody, regardless of their nationality.

Now under the old law, I wonder how the cops would decide whether or not the driver was an immigrant and whether or not to ask for an ID? Must have been racial profiling.

Seems to me, that if anything, this law eliminates racial profiling.

Anyways, heard that on the radio.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast