I got an Airlift 1000 kit with a Load Controller II from ravencr and finally got everything installed.

I went this route cause I really like the rate on my downey springs when unloaded, but they are a tad soft with alot of weight. This way, I have control over how stiff the rear ride is at any time.

I'm adding a custom rear bumper and aux tank in the next couple months, so this was the first step in that progression.

First, I mounted the Load Controller II in the cab in the Ashtray slot. I pulled out the center console, removed the ashtray hardware, reused the screws and clips, and mounted the contorller in the slot. very easy.

Next, I mounted the compressor up next to the brake master cylinder up by the firewall. this should protect it during water crossings. if it get's soaked, then i've much more important things to worry about than a $40 compressor.

Yesterday, i finally got the bags in the springs and everything plumbed up. i pulled the downeys and trimmed the lower two pucks off the conical bumpstops, sprayed some WD40 on the bag, slid it down into the spring, and then reinstalled the spring w/ bag and the trimmed conical bumpstop over it. it works GREAT. at 0 psi, i'm sitting perfectly level. at 8 psi, it has a slight rake, but barely noticeable. at 30 psi, it has about a 1/2" rake, as you can see. they can handle up to 100 psi for extra heavy loads.

these things work great and feel great so far. unloaded, i just unplug the lead to the fuse box and leave the system turned completely off. when i add the rear bumper, i'll just leave it hooked up all the time. it has a pressure switch that's adjustable that will maintain a minimum pressure in the bags by turning on the compressor automatically when needed. on the control panel, it has a toggle switch to activate the compressor to increase the pressure as desired. it also has a bleed valve with push button to drain off the pressure when you want to air down.

overall, it's a very slick setup. i'm looking forward to my next trip in the runner to try it out!
PIC 1: 8 PSI.................PIC 2: 30 PSI.............PIC 3: Controller.........PIC 4: PShop Comparison