Thread: Hydrolocked engine, ideas? please read

Hydrolocked engine, ideas? please read

Well the dealer did! My dad had the truck towed there for an ignition issue (I could not turn the key, like when the steering wheel is locked). My key wore down and would not engage while there I asked them to replace a missing bolt, where the exhaust manifold and Exhaust pipe meet. This revealed a new sound from the engine pinging or something.

They where going to do a small tune up so he ran some carbon cleaner through it I do not know what kind or how?

Well he hydro locked my engine and bend a rod! 199,483 miles on the 3.slow. So they got me rental and ordered an engine before I even found out. They talked with my Dad. I called them back and asked for a 3.4 litter They said they could not to that but the engine they order has 60,000 miles on it. I have no idea where it is coming from or anything about this engine.

This is where the help comes in. My concern is obviously the HG, and the condition of the engine. I had a valve job and HG done 40,000 miles ago. When I brought this to his addition he said they may use my heads and valves. However want my Heads be formed to my current block? Should I ask them to just perform and entire overhaul on the new engine, HG knock sensor, Valves, and injectors.

How is this going to affect my clutch, which is original as far as I know? Any thoughts or concerns I should bring up and check on.

Re: Hydrolocked engine, ideas? please read

Tell them you want a brand new motor and you will accept nothing less. Never hurts to keep their corporate offices in the loop...
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Either ask for a new engine, or tell them you want a sweet warrantee on the engine they ordered.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

If you're worried about the clutch, ask them if they'll throw a new one on for free if you buy the parts (it's no extra work for them anyway)
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Thank you!

sounds like the motor they ordered for you is coming from a used 4runner in Japan. those get very tricky to find parts for if the need arose later down the road. i agree with the others in demanding new or overhaul the current one.

could be any junkyard engine - it's weird, for how many years I was turning wrenches and still in the business, I've never heard of a junkyard motor with more than 60k miles. It's like people only total their cars with less than 60k on the engine
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

thats cause they need to total it before the value goes below the amount owed on the vehicle. when i worked for a car dealership i was amazed at how many people didnt want to add GAP insurance.