Thread: Tire Plugs

Tire Plugs

Looking to get some more tire plugs. I don't need the tools, just the plugs. What do you all suggest? I used one today and realized they were 5 or 6 years old. Should I just go down to the parts store? I've seen the kits that offroad shops sell but have a hard time spending $60 on tire plugs.

Re: Tire Plugs

Mike you mean the plugs for holes in tires? If yes, just go to the autoparts store. I do and I've never had one fail on the truck nor any of our other cars.

Absolutely go to the parts store, my local autozone has a 40 pack of plugs for like $10.
    I have them in every toolbox, both trucks, and in the trail kit for the runner.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Yes, plugs for tires. I had a giant self tapping bolt/screw I finally pulled out and used a plug. I was going to go to the parts store to re stock but thought I'd ask. I've seen kits for "off roaders" but have never used them and assumed they were the same. The plug I put in yesterday was still holding strong today so I think I'm good.

Thanks guys.

See if you can find the truck tire ones, they are usually a bit fatter and imho work better.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX