Thread: Dad just bought an 06' Tundra, anything important to know?

Dad just bought an 06' Tundra, anything important to know?

So got a call from my dad tonight. I guess he went and traded in his Nissan Extra that he just paid off in April for a 2006 White Tundra with the V8. http://www.larsenmotors.com/VehicleDetails/711717703

I'm not sure why he did it , but is there anything important he should know about this model and year?
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Navigator

Re: Dad just bought an 06' Tundra, and thing important to know?

well i know he got the better transmission (the 5speed auto instead of the 4speed) other than that, i dont know anything about tundys..
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Re: Dad just bought an 06' Tundra, anything important to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    well i know he got the better transmission (the 5speed auto instead of the 4speed) other than that, i dont know anything about tundys..
    That's something positive at least

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Grease the heck out of the driveshaft, when coming to a stop if they arent greased up alot (and I mean alot) the shaft causes what feels like a slight bumper tap from behind. Make sure the center carrier bearing for the driveshaft is good

RUST PROOF IT! Whatever method you choose and make sure you maintain it! The tire carriers rusted off these things like crazy as does the back half of the frame.

Also he will find the 5 sp will downshift for him when going down a hill or hitting the brakes 2-3x on a hill. It gets annoying.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

'05 and '06 also had the VVTi engine. Make sure he keeps the timing belt changed when needed. The 4.7 with VVTi is an interference engine (not sure about the older non VVTi motors)

I like those tundras and wouldn't mind one myself.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD