Thread: Homebrew FIPK + K&N Drop-in Filter + Deckplate + and cleaned MAF/TB = HP!

Homebrew FIPK + K&N Drop-in Filter + Deckplate + and cleaned MAF/TB = HP!

Just installed a homebrew FIPK type air intake, a K&N Drop-in Filter into the OEM box, added a 4" deckplate (hole w/ cover) to the bottom side of the airbox, and cleaned the MAF and Throttle Body.

HOLY CRAP!

I just unleashed some ponies and some much wanted GROWL!

Of course I can't quantify how much, but I can say that it's very noticible. I'll post up some pics tomorrow, but it's basically the stock airbox w/ a re-sealable hole in the front which feeds to the throttle body via a custom intake tube.

The tube is a 3" rubber coupling, a 10" piece of 304L SS Sanitary Process Tubing, and a 3" 90* Rubber Elbow.

Total cost:

Filter - $54
    Rubber Coupling - $8
    Rubber Elbow - $9
    10" piece of 304L Tubing - Freebie from the scrap pile @ work.

Idle sound is pretty much unchanged w/ the hood shut. Get on the throttle a little (1800-2000 RPM) and you can just start to hear it. Open it up and it's a NICE deep V8 sound with a MUCH improved throttle response. While I'm taking pics tomorrow, I'll get a vid clip at WOT as well.

-andy

Navigator

Re: Homebrew FIPK + K&N Drop-in Filter + Deckplate + and cleaned MAF/TB = HP!

i was about to say, big deal, we've all seen deck-plated trucks... then i realized that u were talkin bout the 100-series... must say im lookin forward to that
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

That's where the V8 growl comes from...
    -andy

Sadly, my MPG dropped from a steady 15/16 in mixed conditions to 13.2 MPG with this setup. (partly due to the heavier foot to hear the growl??? )

Anyway, I put the OEM intake tube and paper filter back in tonight to see what it feels like tomorrow, then topped off the tank. I'll check the mileage again at the next fillup and see if it goes back up.

-andy