Thread: html5

html5

Just thought I'd throw this up here for anyone looking for a quick background with some info on the new tags and uses of html5 in advance of the finalization of the spec:

http://books.alistapart.com/product/...-web-designers

read it in a day and a half or so and feel even more excited for the larger O'Reilly book I have coming my way soon
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Re: html5

Thanks Lee!
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

W3C Schools has a good bit of info as well... I'm sure the book would be more informative though!

The thing I liked about the book is it wasn't trying to be a complicated spec book, instead it's written very much as the "A list apart" website (one of my favs) is written... it offers incite into the use of tags without hitting you over the head in a boring spec sheet way.

Also it gives you the history of html5, where it came from, how it was developed, etc.

Just a good starter book to have around.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Yeah, that's what can be frustrating about W3C sometimes... just a big list of syntax, very little helpful info about it.