Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mosque near Ground Zero, what's your take?

Re: Mosque near Ground Zero, what's your take?

all very good points. admittedly i dont know half as much about the Israel/Palestine stuff.

you surly cant blame the religion for this stuff as you are correct its all human nature. but that doesnt mean its not tied together by the same religion. have you seen the video of the mortar team that chant al-akbar or something similar? the religion is everything for these guys. while misguided and stupid, they are 110% muslims. its unfortunate since its ruining the worlds outlook on islam. but so is this mosque two blocks from ground zero. are the builders misguided and stupid? no they are quite focused and deliberate.

and yotafun no one wants to think of it as being built with motives but that is what it looks like when all things are considered. our laws wont stop this so its up to Islam to do the right thing even though it has the moral(western PC style) and legal high ground.

i truly do wish more people had the chance to go to afganistan/iraq and meet normal muslims but the exposure most people get are the tight plane regulations and mosques being built where a terrorist attacks took place.

in the interest of equal air time...heres a blast from the past featuring normal muslims
    P1000531

imagine the world without religion!
    1994 fzj80, factory locked,snorkel,
    MT stinger front, swing down rear,, cb, 37" km2s<br />1993 xtra cab... SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 93yotasr5
    imagine the world without religion!
    Do you think that people would not be fighting any differently or as widespread as they do now?
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

would you want a child molester to build a house 2 blocks from your 6 year old daughter ?
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    would you want a child molester to build a house 2 blocks from your 6 year old daughter ?
    I think everyone can differentiate between a child molester and one who practices Islam.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

I think many (not most or not all) problems wouldn't be going on or have happened.

I think many (not most or not all) problems wouldn't be going on or have happened.
    I'm sorry you feel that way.

Religion is a reason people use for fighting, it is not the cause of fighting. Human nature is the cause of fighting, and across time, humans have used various reasons to fight, whether it be their neighbors dog crapping in their yard, some one sleeping with their significant other, or the skin color of someone is different than theirs.

Of course you can say that if there was no religion, Jews and Muslims wouldn't be killing each other, but if we use critical thinking, we would see that it's false to assume that they would not find another reason to fight.

Religion is just another way for certain people to differentiate themselves from others, and some take it so far as to killing. But the same has been done with race, sex, and so on. Just because religion is a large part of most, if not all, cultures of the world does not mean that if it went away, "many" problems would not have happened. It's a very narrow view to hold, because you can't go back in time, remove religion, and see the results. I can however, reference many wars, and clear cases where humans have fought and killed without religion being any factor.

That being said, you can think what you will about religion. Your views, or mine for that matter, have nothing to do with this conversation. I'm simply advocating that you think critically about it and not try to use this argument as it holds no water.

Hahaahah glad we have our own opinions guy

Hahaahah glad we have our own opinions guy
    I'm glad I'm not as close minded as you, but I guess to each their own...

people have been fighting over religion for thousands of years! in every culture and every generation. im not closed minded at all just saying it how i see it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast