Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CA Open Carry ban passed...

Re: CA Open Carry ban passed...

What is the defintion of 'infringe'?...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by gabe
    Well, I do have an AR15 that is on that list. It's a Rock River Arms. That is ridiculous that just because it is a certain brand it is banned. The laws people pass can be so retarded.

Anyways, I'm not sure what a bullet button is, but my gun is semi-auto. No 3 round burst or full auto.
    Up until now, I thought that you had to jump through a bunch of loop holes to be able to have an AR15 in CA. My understanding was that the AR15 had to have a barrel 16.5" or longer. It couldn't have both a collapsible butt stock and pistol grip. It had to be one or the other. It couldn't have a magazine larger than ten rounds. And the magazine had to be permanently fixed to the lower receiver. Basically, just go back about 100 years in technology.
    ok here is the flow chart learn it live it love it. http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf then keep a copy of it with you when you go shooting.

the barrel can not be shorter then 16" whether it is feature less or has evil features.

as long as you have a bullet button you can have evil features ( collapsible stock, pistol grip, flash hider) the bullet button is cheap to buy and replaces your mag release so you need a tool or bullet to drop the mag.

if it has no evil feature you can us a legally owned in cali before 2001 high cap mag (more then 10rds).

cali legal AR15 i build with parts from a local company JD Machine tech.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee94/docadw/stuff/DSCI0073.jpg[/img]
    close up of bullet button
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee94/docadw/stuff/DSCI0074.jpg[/img]
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

After shooting Robinhood and Lance's ARs last weekend, time to build. I'll be consulting you guys soon and researching AR15.net or whatever that site is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    After shooting Robinhood and Lance's ARs last weekend, time to build. I'll be consulting you guys soon and researching AR15.net or whatever that site is.
    Did Lance bring some different rounds that didn't jam every other round?
    My signature

Thanks Randver.

That was a lot of good info. That chart is great.

So now I definitely know that my gun would not be allowed in California unless I spend a bunch of money to make it less functional.

Irritating.

1990 v6 4runner
    Engine: Chevy 4.3 Vortec/Edelbrock Performer Intake & Carburetor
    Front: Trail Gear 3in. Lift Leafs / Bilstein Shocks / ARB Air Locker
    Rear: Chevy 63in. Leafs / 3in. blocks / OME Shocks / ARB Air Locker
    Tires: 35 x 12.50 x 15

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    What is the defintion of 'infringe'?...
    I know this was rhetorical but I just needed to respond.

inĀ·fringe Verb /inˈfrinj/
    Synonyms:
    o verb: violate, transgress, break, contravene, trespass, invade
    o
    infringes 3rd person singular present; infringing present participle; infringed past tense; infringed past participle
    o
    Actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.)
    +
    making an unauthorized copy would infringe copyright
    o
    Act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on
    +
    his legal rights were being infringed
    +
    I wouldn't infringe on his privacy
    1990 v6 4runner
    Engine: Chevy 4.3 Vortec/Edelbrock Performer Intake & Carburetor
    Front: Trail Gear 3in. Lift Leafs / Bilstein Shocks / ARB Air Locker
    Rear: Chevy 63in. Leafs / 3in. blocks / OME Shocks / ARB Air Locker
    Tires: 35 x 12.50 x 15

Quote Originally Posted by gabe

So now I definitely know that my gun would not be allowed in California unless I spend a bunch of money to make it less functional.
    well you could sell the whole thing and buy a new one thats off the the list or have the fun of building your own.

but what i would to is just strip your lower and sell it. then get and off list lower and a bullet button. thats the cheapest way unless your barrels to short then go back to option one
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123