Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CA Open Carry ban passed...

Re: CA Open Carry ban passed...

you could give it to me.... I'll treat it real nice, and say nice things to it, and take real good care of it, and even take it out for nice dinners.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

i have an a15. and im in ca. does yours have a bullet button? or is it selcetable between auto, 3 rd burst and semi?
    1994 fzj80, factory locked,snorkel,
    MT stinger front, swing down rear,, cb, 37" km2s<br />1993 xtra cab... SOLD

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by gabe
    Awesome!

My wife is from California, and we are contemplating moving back. But this is a huge issue to me.

Not sure what I would do with my AR15 if we moved back.
    to be legal u may need to make a few modifications, but AR15's are legal in CA
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

thats not entirely true. they are illegal but there is a loophole that is really a judgment call for any officer involved in any issue you might find yourself in. look up the "bullet button" and the list of banned receiver manufactures. my AR-15 is still in Vermont because of the lower receiver.

The Assault Weapon Ban in CA is listed by make and model. You can absolutely have a Lower receiver that is not on the CA AW ban list. Example, Kaiser Defense, JD Machine, Noveske, CMMG, Stag, LMT, there are tons of Manufactures that are not listed on the CA AW ban list. And they never will be, the list cannot be added to.

And it is absolutely NOT a "judgement call" for any officer you encounter that thinks HE is the law.

Really people, stop the FUD. (Fear, uncertainty and doubt). Before you go spouting thing out, make sure you know what youre talking about. If you need to be educated on CA Gun laws, go to www.calguns.net, spend the next year or so reading through things over there and you will know what youre talking about.

And for anyone that wants to REALLY know whats what, feel free to ask me. Im pretty well educated when it comes to this, its "kinda" my job.

And if you need to reference the CA AW Ban List, http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/kaslist.pdf
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

And yes, you will need a bullet button here in CA. Unless you go featureless, then you can use a regular mag release.

so it really says somewhere that a banned lower mated to a another brands upper is legal? or is that a interperation of the laws wording/lack of wording?

everyone ive talked to makes it sound like a sketchy loop hole.... including what youve written above.

are there stores that sell assembled rifles here in cali?

No, it does not specifically say these things. It is the way the law is interpreted. If you were at all worried about things, just get a upper and lower that is not on that list. There are so many options. Absolutely not a sketchy loophole. And yes, there are TONS of shops here in CA that sell complete ARs as well as stripped lowers if you would like to build it yourself.

cool ill have to look around. until now id seen the flow charts/bullet button and all the thumb thru stock junk, but never knew anyone was legitimately selling assembled ar-15 rifles( with BB of course). that gives me the warm fuzzy . i cant get a firearms violation in my line of work so calguns really seemed like a bunch of web lawyers.

my rifle back home is shot out anyhow. 4500 rounds when i stopped counting and started bump firing its poor throat out. looks like its rifle shopping time thank you!

Well, I do have an AR15 that is on that list. It's a Rock River Arms. That is ridiculous that just because it is a certain brand it is banned. The laws people pass can be so retarded.

Anyways, I'm not sure what a bullet button is, but my gun is semi-auto. No 3 round burst or full auto.
    Up until now, I thought that you had to jump through a bunch of loop holes to be able to have an AR15 in CA. My understanding was that the AR15 had to have a barrel 16.5" or longer. It couldn't have both a collapsible butt stock and pistol grip. It had to be one or the other. It couldn't have a magazine larger than ten rounds. And the magazine had to be permanently fixed to the lower receiver. Basically, just go back about 100 years in technology.
    1990 v6 4runner
    Engine: Chevy 4.3 Vortec/Edelbrock Performer Intake & Carburetor
    Front: Trail Gear 3in. Lift Leafs / Bilstein Shocks / ARB Air Locker
    Rear: Chevy 63in. Leafs / 3in. blocks / OME Shocks / ARB Air Locker
    Tires: 35 x 12.50 x 15

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast