Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All sorts of Microsoft developer software/FREE

All sorts of Microsoft developer software/FREE

This is only available for students(afaik).

As long as you have a valid EDU email I'm guessing it should work.

Just go to www.dreamspark.com

I just downloaded MS Visual Studio 2010 Pro to use in my C# class.. On Amazon that's an $800 piece of software!

They have all kinds of other stuff as well.. SQL server stuff, Windows Server, XNA Game Developer.. yadda yadda yadda.

Check it out.

Re: All sorts of Microsoft developer software/FREE

Do they have any office stuff?
    NVM it appears they dont.
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Yeah.. no office for free. You can get a discount on it though.. it's $79.99 for Office 2010 Academic Professional

Plus it's only $29.99 to upgrade from Vista or Win7 Home to Win7 Professional.

Navigator

haha, well i got a full (completely legitimate) version of 7 Pro for free haha, but that is a good website
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I guess I need to make an educational website and grab an edu domain... I'm working on the trial version of VS 2010. Runs out in 45 days...
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

How does one get Win7 Pro for free?

I installed VS 2010 Pro the other night.. talk about taking forever on my outdated system... haven't used it yet though. Will do so tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx

I installed VS 2010 Pro the other night.. talk about taking forever on my outdated system... haven't used it yet though. Will do so tomorrow.
    One thing I've learned.. if I don't need it, don't install it. I used to install so many apps that I never ended up using. Installing newer apps on old systems makes it too unbearable to make it useful. Would never have thought VS was a resource hog, though.

kafene.
    Mark<br />KJ6QXG<br />2004 V8 4Runner 4x4, ToyTec Ultimate Lift, Spydertrax, Yakima roof rack, Gibson exhaust, Stubbs Welding Sliders, P275/70R17 BGF A/T K/O

Yeah.. I only have a few programs installed that I don't use. The program isn't that bad on my system, it was mainly the install that was taking forever.

Not free, and not Microsoft, but Altova software is 30% off if you send them a copy of your student ID. I emailed them asking about XML Spy 2010.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    ok, so it wasnt completely free; One of my teachers had a contract with Microsoft to distribute any Microsoft OS (everything from DOS 7.1, Win 3.1, NT, all the way to 7Pro) to students of any of his classes. Each student could get one OS from him, and i got 7 Pro (i asked about Ultimate but pro was the highest he could do)
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast