Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone use one of these co2 tanks?

anyone use one of these co2 tanks?

http://www.trdparts4u.com/scripts/pr...dproduct=-8549
    fraction of the price for a powertank brand!
    how long do the charges normally last?
    1994 fzj80, factory locked,snorkel,
    MT stinger front, swing down rear,, cb, 37" km2s<br />1993 xtra cab... SOLD

Re: anyone use one of these co2 tanks?

There are a lot of companies out there that sell co2 tank kits. Biggest difference is with the powertank brand and their monster valve and hose. It flows a bunch of air really fast. Most of the other guys do what the homebrew guys do. Basically a balloon valve with some parts online. Google it and price out some parts. I was going to do this some time back and could build one for about $100 with a tank off of craigslist.

thats a great price,, the regulator is a HyperFlo, very good at 150PSI I used one for about 4 years, zero issues.. I had a 20# tank with everything I had about $100 in it, I got the tank free, and bought the mount, hose, regulator (hyper-flo) air chuck. so for 5# with all new stuff, everything you need IMO that isnt bad.
    Im not sure how many fills your going to get from 5#, just depends on how low you air down to, and how high you fill back up to.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Good price, but I personally feel like a 5lb tank is a little on the small side. If it was me I'd try to piece together a 10lb unit, you could probably do it for a very similar price.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

10lb is the way to go.

A
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

Navigator

that is a good price, but i didnt realize its just a 5lb... that wouldnt do you much good, other than 1 time resetting a bead or airing up a flat tire... i dont think it would be able to air up 4 full size tires, 10-20 is perfect
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

what do you guys think is a decent size for trying to run air tools off of? Also, do you have to have any special air tools, or would any old impacts do? I'm not talking about major repairs or work here, no tear downs, just maybe changing a tire or something.....
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    what do you guys think is a decent size for trying to run air tools off of? Also, do you have to have any special air tools, or would any old impacts do? I'm not talking about major repairs or work here, no tear downs, just maybe changing a tire or something.....
    No special air tools, as for size, I don't know. I have a 20 lb tank that I've been plenty happy with though. I use it for brewing, airing up tires, etc and it usually lasts a long time.

If you have the space (not that it's significantly more), I'd go with a 20 lb. tank.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

who makes a good 20lb tank?
    1994 fzj80, factory locked,snorkel,
    MT stinger front, swing down rear,, cb, 37" km2s<br />1993 xtra cab... SOLD

Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast