Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huge explosion near a family member's house!! Crap!

Huge explosion near a family member's house!! Crap!

*We smelled gas really bad this past week and thought it was just a leaking propane bottle in the garage or a neighbor's grill not turned off.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...f028876f7ac427

Live feed: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/livenow?id=7659504

Re: Huge explosion near a family member's house!! Crap!

"State of Emergency" declared! man, I had my phone turned off until I got off work @ 8pm and it's been ringing every 5 minutes since then..

Evac's are basing out of Bayhill Shopping Center @ San Bruno Ave. and Cherry, just east of the San Bruno exit off of HWY 35/Skyline. Hwy 35 is shut down in the area..consider reroute via 101 to reach evac site. (No access between Sneath and San Bruno Ave.)

Here's what I have right now:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...f028876f7ac427

Trying to keep it together in front of family right now..not gonna cry.. neighborhood's wiped out completely..part of where I grew up and have many friends and family there. ;(

Saw this on the news.. Stay safe Shane. Hope everything is alright with you.
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Thanks Steve, I'm fine I am @ home w/ the wife and family. (Working in the South Bay..living in East Bay) It's my family there and their friends that are evac'd I am worried about, it's calm winds now, but the situation can change quickly.

Hell of a way to get me to open a topic these days..

Wow, that's horrible... I will say a prayer.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

The glow you can see from the remaining flames from burning house gas mains is unreal..everyone we know is ok, 1 injured family friend, luckily really minor. The glow is totally unreal and saddening. I'm home and gonna try to get some sleep. Some people have lost everything, the news called it a "conflagration"..

5 block War Zone is more accurate..the place is leveled or burnt..but at least people are safe.

Slideshow: http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/localnews/ci_16035520

We're all ok otherwise, I just need to be there for support now..

ABC 7 News S.F. will pick up again in the morning..tomorrow will be interesting to say the least.

I'm really glad your family and friends are ok.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Wow! That's crazy! Prayers to all those who lost their homes and especially for the families who lost loved ones

Your report of smelling gas, plus others reported in the news means big trouble for the gas utility company

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Glad to hear everyone's OK Shane.

Bad year for hydrocarbon leaks . . .
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

wait you smelled propane really bad for a whole week prior to this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast