Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Huge explosion near a family member's house!! Crap!

Re: Huge explosion near a family member's house!! Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    correct me if i'm wrong, but gas companies who make natural gas and propane add some sick smelling crap to it so leaks are immediately detectable by the nose
    You're right, natural gas (mostly methane) and propane are both odorless and colorless so they add a sulphur / rotten egg scent
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

The stuff they put into the gas to make an odor is call Mercapten. The latest word that I got from our bosses is that PGE had been getting reports of gas odors in this area for 6 MONTHS! sounds like lawsuit city. Bob I am currently testing the new electric smart meters as they come in doing QA work
    85 4 runner that's just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

Any updates on this? Has it been in the news since it first happened? Any heads roll yet?

I just saw an article talking about the sad shape of the underground natural gas infrastructure in America.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/28...b-say-experts/

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

NPR did a story this morning regarding underground pipeline condition in America. The story was from Denver. It referenced the San Bruno explosion. I think it's in the news here and there but people want more money and PG&E and probably pulling a BP.

Not at liberty to discuss if that says anything..lame huh?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Not at liberty to discuss if that says anything..lame huh?
    Why did a house YOU own blow up? If not who cares?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123