Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my apple tv just arrived

Navigator

Re: my apple tv just arrived

- Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I have 25 mbps fios fiber
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

how is it so far?

call me clueless, but whats so special about this ? its to small for a real "tv" I dont get it.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

puts internet video content onto your livingroom tv.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    puts internet video content onto your livingroom tv.
    cant most newer tvs do that already ? I mean some kind of cord from your laptop to the tv then you got a 40" screen ???
    Not trying to be a smarta$$ Im not up on the newest gajets lol
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

true, thats what i have setup for us here to watch TV shows.

this takes place of the laptop, and is a dedicated box just for TV shows and movies on your tv. its cheap (100 i think) and very well designed UI, unlike most media center apps for laptops.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Basically Apple TV perfected their idea of a internet-fed set top box. It streams TV shows and movies (some free, some for normal rental fees). Steve Jobs mentioned movies that were just released to DVD would be around $4, and older movies could be down to a dollar. I can see this getting expensive though... and its purely rental based as far as the standalone Apple TV goes. It also works well with a home network. If you have purchased movies on your main computers, it can stream across your network to your TV. You can start watching a movie on your iPhone in the car, then send it to your Apple TV seamlessly, and pick up right where you left off. Also, if you're a netflix subscriber, it can stream all the free "on demand" type movies they have on there (the same way a netflix enabled TV or a Wii will). Of course the Apple TV interface is very, very user friendly as most Apple products are.

You can use your iPhone or iPod Touch as a remote control, with the "Remote" app. It's also stupid easy to setup.

http://www.apple.com/appletv/

It's on my Christmas list
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

i love it so far.

Apple has done a great job with it. You can browse netflix in its entirety (instead of just viewing your watch instantly queue), you can stream video directly off your iphone (soon ipad too), share your itunes library from any computer (so you can stream music, movies, view slideshows of pics, etc), and it has the full itunes library as well.

if they add hulu, this will be really epic.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

i have a mac mini hooked to my tv in my living room... the big bummer about it is you need a mouse and keyboard. try using that for a while and you'll realize it's really uncomfortable.

with the apple tv, I use my iphone (remote app) to control it, or the little remote it comes with. It's fast, the video is of great quality and i am a fan of the interface.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast