Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i think these are going to be great tires

i think these are going to be great tires

http://www.treadwright.com/shopnow/p...guard-dog.aspx

$140 for 37"!

ill never be able to run these but i bet these will be great! the only part that stinks about hummer tires is that the compound is not sticky enough for wheeling. these should fix that. who wants to give me there sas rig so i try these out?

Navigator

Re: i think these are going to be great tires

just wait til u get a crawling rig :-P then run em
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Ive seen them, and Im "thinking" about giving them a shot when I need new shoes, in the 315 size.
    Cant beat the price
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

the 35's will be next for me too. although my km2s finnaly didnt disapoint me yesterday. these 37" could be a game changer. of course i bet the hummer tires might not flex well, but then again a normal radial 37" rock tire is 350-400 right?

Im not sure what the price of 37s are, Ive only ran 33s and they was about $200 per but Im sure alot more than 33s, lol
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Don't. Tempt. Me.

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    Don't. Tempt. Me.

haah keep them in mind for when you sas. a big heavy 37 would be murder on cv's

You must not have been listening Sunday when I was telling you about the guy from tenessee who's running 37's and is still on his original CV's. Hes on his 3rd or 4th front diff spiders and a rear LC 80 axle but anything is possible if you know how to drive. Just got the word that I will be ordering my 35's this Friday though. WOOOOT!
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Steve - who's your guy in TN?

And as far as the treadwright tires, I think someone here has run them, or maybe even still is... Erich_870, I think. maybe he will chime in here to give us a review of how they are wearing. I think he is running the green diamond ones....
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    You must not have been listening Sunday when I was telling you about the guy from tenessee who's running 37's and is still on his original CV's. Hes on his 3rd or 4th front diff spiders and a rear LC 80 axle but anything is possible if you know how to drive. Just got the word that I will be ordering my 35's this Friday though. WOOOOT!
    pave the way steve! these are gonna weight more then a bias ply, but 37" would be great. if its doable for our area id consider the cutting. ive seen that guys pictures. i agree its all about driver ability, but also terrain. we have nice traction rocks, but also have the extreme rocks where traction is no longer ideal and tire spin and catch happens. its all hard to say untill a few people do it. there is still a bunch of people that say 35 and ifs is murder. im sure it would be if we were mud boggers but our terrain seems to work.... or ask me after clawhammer haha

i ran the 33" MT from them as my last set of tires. i liked the compound and had good luck and wear out of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast