Thread: Survived Shoulder Surgery

Survived Shoulder Surgery

Well I went and got my shoulder cut last Wed. Ended up with 9 anchors, Labrum reconstruction, SLAP Repair, some other tear repair, and some pain meds for my troubles.

The pain isn't as bad as I was expecting, but it's still bad. I'm having to take off the sling 3 times a day for some small exercises, 5 weeks until physical therapy which I think will suck...
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Re: Survived Shoulder Surgery

i feel for you man. my dad has had 3 surgeries on his, 2 on the right, one on the left, to correct a genetic condition and to fix some small tears. i have the same genetic condition, which means chronic pain for me and the inability to play most sports (not that i mind...) or swing a hammer (that i do mind...) and no time to be laid up for a few months recovering.

pretty painful area to get work done. the physical therapy is probably the most important part of the procedure. keep up with it and you will be 100% soon enough!!!

so what kinda pain meds did they give you?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    so what kinda pain meds did they give you?
    Oxycodone, although I've moved on to 600mg of Ibuprofen. Wasn't a big fan of the strong stuff, too many extra symptoms...
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

I hope the recovery goes well for you. I've only had one surgery in my life, and it wasn't fun.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

congrats on a successful operation and take care of yourself, there is no such thing as "routine" when it comes to cutting into people - one of my co-workers went in for "routine surgery" a few months back to get 2 vertebrae fused and couldn't move his leg when he woke up (cautionary tale for lifting with your legs, not your back)
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Best of luck with your recovery, especially when your PT starts.

My brother recently had Tommy John surgery and has since made an amazing recovery
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs