Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 20101016 Boulder dash/ On the Rocks

Re: 20101016 Boulder dash/ On the Rocks

Quote Originally Posted by strykersd
    Cool videos! Looks like you guys had a blast! I love the part of the video when Scuba is getting tippy and someone says something like, "Oh you're in the danger zone" haha.

Oh and did the two of you plan on wearing matching shirts? :P
    haha how gay was that? not planed, but its a sweet shirt none the less

Cool videos! Looks like you guys had a blast! I love the part of the video when Scuba is getting tippy and someone says something like, "Oh you're in the danger zone" haha.

Oh and did the two of you plan on wearing matching shirts? :P

LOL no shit I thought to myself.. I should txt troy and make sure hes not gonna wear his pismo10 shirt...
    When we saw each other yesterday morning we were both like.... ummm.

Shoulda seen it when we were in round table pizza and lowes after the run. Looked pretty funnay.
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

great pics. i cant wait for my knee to heal so i can start wheeling again since i wont be deploying anymore. i have done several runs and meet and greets with the FJC crowd here in San Diago and L.A. they have a couple wheelers but most of them like to gtg and drink more then they like to hit the trail.

there also kind of like us were fjcruiserforums is like yotatech. and all there cool people left for www.socalfjcruiserforums.com like must of us left to come here.
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Yeah they have a few guys that really do wheel on a pretty frequent basis. Cool group all together!

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Nice pics, looks like it was a blast. You should let me know sometime when ur goin' out and if I'm not in school or workin' maybe I could come ride along. :P Oh, and that doesn't look quite like granite to me, but it's hard to tell in the pics. Looks more like some sort of sandstone or carbonate sedimentary rock. Yes, I am a geo nerd... :P
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

The easy breaking characteristics of the rocks sounds like they could be sandstone. That rock is grippy though. My tires are bald and I didn't slip a tire all day.

Ya, I thought it actually looked kinda like the rocks at Alabama Hills, which is all coquina - basically broken up shell bits all compacted together. That stuff is really rough - I wore gloves to climb around on it but my arms got all scraped up. Was it kind of like this? http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...430.1202040180
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Navigator

Not to hi-jack, but where you moving to Kevin?
    well, its not official yet, but assuming i get accepted i wanna go to Cal Poly Pomona (where Sean goes)
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Navigator

I just watched the video that starts with scuba's tippyness, i see one major problem with the run.. WHERE WAS THE WISEMAN!?! haha

looks like a lot of fun guys.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    I just watched the video that starts with scuba's tippyness, i see one major problem with the run.. WHERE WAS THE WISEMAN!?! haha

looks like a lot of fun guys.
    haha thats so true! no wise man and steves entrance angle in to the line was kinda wack. coincidence?...i think not

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast