Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 20130517-19...The Whole 'bernardino

Re: long term planing... the 'bernardino run

yeah the two ends of the run (lytle and punching out to yucca valley) are really up for debate. lytle like you said is just nice veiws as far as i have read and skipping rattlesnake to head to yucca is just purly to truly clear the range east to west and adds nothing more really. although i thought it would make the return trip for everone south better.

Eh. I'd rather hit mottino at the end. But thats just me.

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

i know i would too but how many others are gonna want to? and how many of those will you tow and tug up through there after 2.5 long days of wheeling? unless its me/you/bill/scott id save it for another day.

camp grounds are the only option i see as well. we squatted a site last time without a true permitt and i dont see that as an option with a larger group. sean brings a good point too that lady folk dont want to dig a hole and i assume this will be a family oriented trip.

if we have less than 8 vehicles, group camps are a great idea i think. tent peg is immediately at the end of dishpan for night 1, and juniper springs near the end of day 2.

if we limit to 8 vehicles, then that is definitely a possibility. im not sure how strict they are on their enforcement of the 8 vehicle rule, but i dont really want to find out either. max is 40 people, that shouldnt be a problem, as most of us will be 2 to a vehicle.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

hmmm its all in the trails per day...but everyone has such a different pace. this will be hard to judge until we see what and who is coming.

steve i dont dought that a fast moving, self spotting, team could punch all the way into big bear before sun down, but id guess cleg and pilot would be a full day for most. tacking on lytle divide would certainly make it a full day.

sean you had a good plan maped out let me throw out a list as well to get ideas going.

day 1:
    lytle divide
    cleg
    pilot
    arrowhead
    camp in http://www.northshorecampground.com/

day 2
    dishpan
    jb backwards
    camp at tanglewood

day 3
    jacoby
    heartbreak
    pontiac
    rattlesnake

i kinda dig that plan since it makes day 2 the "hard day" and that makes it easy for smaller open/open rigs to come along and just skip those and meet us at camp

wow i didnt know we were driving all the way up to reno!

troy, did you mean http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgr...O&parkId=70604

that would be the "north shore" camp ground.

i like that plan. trails most likely to break stuff on the 2nd day, and only two of them so if we get stuck on the trail fixing cv's, it wont be so bad. the only question, are we under 8 vehicles for tanglewood?

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

That sounds like an awesome trip. Too bad I'm on the east coast.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    That sounds like an awesome trip. Too bad I'm on the east coast.
    start planning ur trip! you could rent a jeep cherokee 4x4 and come along :-P
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Ya Dan!!! Just get the extra insurance!!!

We will have to see how my trans is doing by then too. Not sure if it is ok or not.

hmmm...I do have an extra week of vacation now. I need to find out when the deadline to use it is.

I just need to hurry up and move out there.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast