Thread: Limited flare/plastics removal

Limited flare/plastics removal

I finally got sick of the limited flares and decided it was time to remove them. The two panels on the driverside flapping in the wind when ever I got on the freeway was the final straw. Anyways, removing these is not for the faint of heart. There were pieces of plastic clips flying everywhere during the removal. I ended up doing what a lot of people over on ih8 did with their 80 series and bedlined the panels.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. Now I just need to trim the front bumper up to match the new lines and I am starting from scratch on a new rear bumper next week.

Before

Removal and Tape

Lots of sanding.

Holes filled with metal tape.

Time for the durabak

2 coats later

Done.

Diamond HP8 SAS / FROR Full Float Rear / DIY F&R bumper / Nitto 285s / Gen1 SC (in progress)

Re: Limited flare/plastics removal

Empty thread?
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

actually a deleted thread. if you go through the forum to see it and not the front page, it doesnt exist.

its like the fricken twilight zone...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Not sure what happened, if you search for "durabak" the thread comes up and you can kinda see its contents. But then you just end up here. With no content...

Not sure whats going on, I noticed a post to the volvo fan thread did the same thing.
    Diamond HP8 SAS / FROR Full Float Rear / DIY F&R bumper / Nitto 285s / Gen1 SC (in progress)

that was one of the photos... weird....

Twilight Zone intro.
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

If anyone is curious... http://forum.ih8mud.com/paint-body/4...y-4runner.html

Otherwise, someone please shoot this zombie thread in the head.