Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UY Newbie

UY Newbie

Hey guys, I've been lurking UY for a while but never posted so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm local to the Austin area and was a regular on TS before my truck was wrecked. I think I'm still newbie status on YT. I don't post much on either forum now. Maybe UT is the forum for me.

I drive a 1997 Toyota 4Runner, 150K miles, auto, 4WD, a lot of maintenance things had to be addressed, because the PO didn't but it's been a nice reliable daily since then.

Anyways, just thought I'd say hi.

1997 4Runner

Re: UY Newbie

Welcome! Nice to have you join us!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Hi! Maybe you're right and will find this is the forum for you - after all, I lurk around here, an I don't even drive a Toyota. At least, not yet.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazychopstick
    Hey guys, I've been lurking UT for a while but never posted so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm local to the Austin area and was a regular on TS before my truck was wrecked. I think I'm still newbie status on YT. I don't post much on either forum now. Maybe UT is the forum for me.

I drive a 1997 Toyota 4Runner, 150K miles, auto, 4WD, a lot of maintenance things had to be addressed, because the PO didn't but it's been a nice reliable daily since then.

Anyways, just thought I'd say hi.

seems like UY is the place to be. Laid back, no flaming, just everyone having a good time.

welcome to the club. i feel sorry for your wallet....
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Mods/Repairs:
    Bad tires
    Rockblocker headlight covers
    Airaid Jr. Intake tube
    Extended diff breather
    Synthetic errthing
    Full flush of all fluids
    Yakima megawarrior safari rack and fairing
    Passenger side wheel bearing and CV axle (driver side is now leaking and busted)
    Rewelded radiator support
    Long Tru-cool external tranny cooler
    Optima Yellow top
    Timing belt, thermostat, and waterpump

Suspension:
    Poly swaybar bushes, bmup stops, and steering rack bushings
    Bilstein HDs (stiff ones)
    Junkard OE lift ($200 total):
    -101K mile V8 4WD TRD Tundra coils with 3/8" spacer (total of 2" front lift)
    -100K mile '95 FZJ80 front coils (total of 4" rear lift)

It's been slightly cheaper since I do the majority of the work myself, but yeah, it needs new tires and more repairs.
    1997 4Runner

looks good, glad to see ANOTHER green 4runner!

feel absolutely free to post up questions you might have.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Did you seriously stick a Volvo badge on the front? lol
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

sweet green ones wheel better then the other colors :P

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    sweet green ones wheel better then the other colors :P
    I don't know Troy, when I get a, um, how about orange, one, we'll see if we can disprove that comment. :P

You guys and your damn green 4runners.

Welcome dude!!
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast