Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Laptop Advise, Opinions welcome.

Re: Need Laptop Advise, Opinions welcome.

I have heard good and bad from Dell, I guess it just depended on what lot you got.
    The HP, mine died, my dads died twice but of course he still got another, and my better half's mouse buttons are stuck....
    Toshiba is also like the Dell, my friends last him years (also with the help of me a little) but still was a pretty good laptop.

That business oriented comment reminded me of IBM that I didn't look into but then again hard to get and there customer service is a little harder as well since they are more business oriented, I would love to get a Panasonic tough book which the techstream program was designed for but thats just way to much for me at this time in my life...

first, I won't pay more than $700 for a laptop no matter what it is. you want speed, that's what desktops are for. software programs are updating all the time, they are getting bigger and more complicated, your new laptop is gonna be a slow one in 3 years anyway, why bother to dump 2 grand on it now. it's kept in a shop, it won't last long, either.

as for Dell, I bought 20+ Dell desktops for my old work over the years, never had a problem. I only order from the Dell Outlet. these are pre-built but customer canceled the orders, therefore, they are sold as used computers even they are brand new. plus, I didn't have to wait, they are normally shipped next day.

my current Dell desktop at home is 4 years old, still runs like a champ.

computers are like cars, all brands have their problems, but a lot of them depend on the way you use them. take good care of them, last a long time.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

My dad's old laptop was a Dell that he purchased from the Dell Outlet as well. It lasted at least 7 years, and it still works. It was getting pretty slow, so my dad just upgraded to the Toshiba a few months ago. My parents' desktop is also a Dell, and it is now going on 5 years old with no issues. It's starting to get a bit slow now too, so it'll probably be replaced early part of next year. Dells have worked fine for us. Our HP printer is horrible though, but I hear good things about HP computers.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    just a note after your wonderful experience with Dell Avy, Alienware is owned by Dell, and is not nearly as good as they once were. you'd probably be better off with an Envy or something similar
    I just got an Envy 14 and I'm very satisfied with it now that I've had it for a few weeks. The screen is great, the keyboard is great, the trackpad is good(not great) after some adjustments. Plus is looks & performs great. Only thing is if you want the good screen (Radiance) you'll have you find it somewhere other than HP because the supplier went out of business.

+1 for the HP Envy. I have the 15 loaded with go fast stuff - it has been great.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Plus with the Envy you can join the UY Envy Owners Club. I think that's a notch above VIP status.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12