Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Factory spare steels as wheels?

Re: Factory spare steels as wheels?

Those look pretty rad! Very utility. I agree with the idea of picking up factory alloys from owners who upgrade to after markets, too. I got 5 of these FJ Cruiser wheels for between $60-80 each (shopped around for a bit). Extra one is full size spare and fits perfectly under mounted.

When I had bought my Runner it had some ugly aftermarkets on it and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on new wheels – so this was my solution, but I really like the way yours came out.

How much did you get those for, if you don't mind me asking?
    1996 SR5 5-speed // 4x4 // FJ Cruiser 17"s // Thule M.O.A.B // 3" lift // SAW

Re: Factory spare steels as wheels?

The steels appear to be the same backspacing as the Triclops wheels, the distance from the UCA and the sidewall looks the same with both. I didn't measure it.

I may have spent $30-40 total. Just junkyard finds and trades with local 4Runner guys for their spares. I have a buddy that just swapped the tires for me on the cheap too. I have a set of new Tacoma centercaps that I think would look awesome on there I'll keep this updated.
    1997 4Runner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12