Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craigslist photo

Craigslist photo

Should I care that this guy is using my photo without my permission? It doesn't seem like he's trying to scam anybody.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/2013613480.html
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Re: Craigslist photo

At least he used one prior to the SAS and bumpers. Seems fine to me since he isn't claiming it as his.
    My signature

Send him an email and ask some questions about the truck, keep mentioning that you used to have one exactly like that
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    At least he used one prior to the SAS and bumpers. Seems fine to me since he isn't claiming it as his.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Steve

reminds me of a couple years ago when someone was running scams using 4runner pics from the net. but they where claiming the the 4runners in the pics where theirs.

here's the 2nd thread on it. cant find the first one it my have been on TOF
    http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...sg9207#msg9207
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

i think a friendly email saying "hey! thats my picture! thanks for using it. good luck with the sale!"
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

i would just let him know to make it explicit that its not his truck but one like it. i cant see this at work, so i might be reiterating what he wrote

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    i would just let him know to make it explicit that its not his truck but one like it. i cant see this at work, so i might be reiterating what he wrote
    Yeah, Bob, that's pretty much what the dude did. Made it pretty clear that the pic wasn't his.

I was a little bummed when I first opened the thread and the dude didn't use a SAS/bumpers pic.
    My signature

"mine is exactly like this but without the SAS, bumpers, general badassery, etc."
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Yeah, I was curious which picture was being used too, when my brother sent me that link. Anyway, I don't really care as long as the guy isn't trying to scam people.
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast