Thread: Colorado trip report, Fall 2010

Colorado trip report, Fall 2010

Time again for our annual trip to explore the area. Last year we went north west to Utah, so this year we headed north east to Colorado. On our way to the Durango area, we ran across this Burger King sign which piqued my interest. I wasn't going to stop but this was one of the many restroom breaks for the wife .

It actually turned out to be kinda neat. It was only a 10 foot long glass case of souvenirs from the war, but interesting none the less.

Here's the obligatory stop at Four Corners. It was only $3 per person so what the hey. And yes, we know it's not in the right place.

Here's Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado. This was the last day the park rangers were conducting the tours so we made sure to sign up.

Here's the way into the ruins called Balcony House.

Gotta crawl through the tunnel to get out.

And this is the only way to get out. Yes it really was that steep.

-------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Re: Colorado trip report, Fall 2010

On our way to Ouray, Co. Nice viewpoint off the side of the road.

And here's Ouray. It seems like all these little towns here have services that provide fishing, hunting, 4wheeling, river rafting, and quad rentals. Ouray was no exception where they had jeeps for rent. The office was closed so I couldn't find out how much it costs to rent a jeep (not that I would have, I was just curious).

On the way out of Ouray and on the road to Telluride.

Here's Telluride. Nice place. Wish I had property there in the 70's. I'd be a millionaire now.

Steve

We got on board the Durango-Silverton steam train. It's a scenic 3.5 hours up to Silverton and a boring 3.5 hours back, but worth it.

Hmmm...yeah...

Supposed to be good fishing here, but not sure why the water is green and the rocks rust colored.

And the town of Silverton.

Steve

And the money shot.

On the way back home, we stopped in Gallup New Mexico and saw this sign. Ummm...yeah...

Steve

Navigator

looks like a good trip

that pic u commented "yes its that steep" looks like the cables for the last bit up to the top of half dome in Yosemite.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

That trip looks awesome!
    Def one of those trips you have to do in your lifetime!

Nice pics

I'll be in that same area soon (<2 hrs from Moab) . . . can't wait
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

man, now i REALLY want to go to Colorado some day! Lots of gorgeous scenery and fun stuff... nice pics!
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Wow...awesome pics! I really need to make another drive out to CO. I would love to live there someday.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

I'm so going this late winter/early spring! Awesome Pictures!!!