Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT-86

FT-86

I believe there's a thread on this already maybe... but I really hope the Toyota ends up looking the way the SEMA car did.

Here are some good pics: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=795"]Toyota FT86[/url]

Ric.. if you read this.. hold out on the Nissan/Infiniti.

I'm guessing it's rumored to have the 2l Subi engine... hopefully it'll be the 2.5l though. Those sound mean.. I still wouldn't mind a Toyota designed straight6 though.

Re: FT-86

http://www.autoblog.com/search/?q=ft86&sort=date

thats a huge list of what autoblog has had to say about it. looks like it will be sold under the scion brand, which will probably make it terrible. i guess we will just have to wait and see.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Well.. even if it is a Scion, it'd still should be a fun RWD. I'd guess the only reason it'd be a Scion is to help get some sales for the brand, as AutoBlog mentioned the brand is 'struggling'. Otherwise I don't see the FT86 being a fit for Scion being rear wheel drive, actually (hopefully) having decent power, and good looks.

I'm hoping for the best..

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    I'm hoping for the best..
    and expecting the worst... toyota just disappoints me now. it really sucks when you dont even bother looking at a camry when buying a midsized sedan...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Well there's your problem. You shouldn't be looking at midsized sedans. The 4Runner has the same amount of seats as the Camry, and more room for groceries.

very true, but we need a new car where fuel mileage, price, and reliability/warranty/newness come into play big time, not necessarily in that order.

i actually am looking forward to this car. if it gets 35mpg, doesnt suck, and is fun to drive, id strongly consider buying one!

Navigator

im liking the Subaru version... hopefully it gets the engine autoblog is guessing at, the >300hp sti engine
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I have the feeling it's just going to be an NA Subaru engine. However, they may come up with a GTS, TRD, or Turbo model that uses the STI motor. That would be awesome.

Either way, there should be a good amount of aftermarket stuff for the motors.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Yeah.. the link I posted is supposed to be the 'G-sports' model which is turbo charged + all sorts of other 'G-Sports' mods. Hopefully we see the 2.5l turbo charged in one of 'em! Depending on how much it ends up weighing 200hp might not be that bad though... 300 is always better.

Navigator

well i highly highly doubt subaru will give the sti 300hp (ej257) motor to the Toyota... more likely the wrx's 240hp (ej255) motor. they commented tho that the bulging hood and fender flares were very indicative of subaru's turbo offerings.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast