Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocko's Random Gun Talk Thread.

Slo - let me know if you remove the crappy heat shield and sights.... I might need some crappy stuff for my Maverick. haha.

Also great looking Model 10!
    Nowhere near as cool as that, but I have an old-ish Mossberg 395T that is a good Turkey gun, Bolt Action, Box Magazine fed 12 gauge. I love it. Its also in a BEAUTIFUL tiger stripe wood stock. I'll see if I can dig up a pic.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by BattleWagonActual View Post
    Slosurfer, that's an awesome Model 10 you have there man. I've inherited an old Winchester/ Savage arms model 67c in 20ga with a 28" modified "choke" barrel. As old as it is it's amazing how much I still use it. Hopefully it'll still be working a decade from now for my son.
    Nice! I am also worried about using this one too much and wearing it out before handing it down, but it is too fun to use. Once the lead ban goes into effect though, it won't get used much for hunting. I know I can't shoot steel out of it and not sure if I have other non lead options that would be safe to shoot through an old full choke.

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Slo - let me know if you remove the crappy heat shield and sights.... I might need some crappy stuff for my Maverick. haha.

Also great looking Model 10!
    Nowhere near as cool as that, but I have an old-ish Mossberg 395T that is a good Turkey gun, Bolt Action, Box Magazine fed 12 gauge. I love it. Its also in a BEAUTIFUL tiger stripe wood stock. I'll see if I can dig up a pic.
    Ha! I will probably remount the shield, I couldn't find my channel locks when I first installed it, so I don't think I crimped the metal enough. They do have aluminum peep sights that I may get to replace the crooked plastic ones, but I think the hiviz front bead will work just fine. I don't like the idea of having sights attached to something that isn't more solidly attached, kind of defeats the purpose of peep sights. I actually just ordered the heat shield without the sights, but they sent the sights anyways, so I installed them. I have to remove the heat shield in order to take them off, and have just been too lazy. I also need to get QD swivel sling mounts for this, I already have the sling that came with qd swivels. I think the flashlight, mount, sling, swivels, mounts, etc... will end up costing more than I paid for the shotgun haha.

I would love to see a pic of that Mossberg 395T! Sounds nice!

I have been working on getting my AR to run good. Was getting light strikes every 3rd or 4th round. I think it is just really overgassed. I switched the semi bcg out for the heavier auto bcg and now it is running well, but is ejecting the casings really hard off the deflector. Cheap russian .223 is ejecting at 3 o'clock (which isn't bad), but decent 5.56 is ejecting at 1:30-2 o'clock (hard to save your brass when it ends up in front of the firing line lol). I have a heavier buffer that came with my spike's pistol buffer tube kit, that I am going to try out tomorrow. Hopefully that helps slow it down enough. If not, I may have to get an adustable gas block. I am just stoked that it is finally fireing anything I put in it. The local range now is open until 9pm on Thursdays and Fridays, which is perfect for my schedule.
    My signature

This is a really old picture, some of these are gone, and a lot more have been added since this, but it will do for now.

(In order from right to left)
    • 1943 Mosin Nagant in an ATI stock and Bipod, with Bushnell Trophy 3-9x (7.62x54R)
    • Mossberg 395T Bolt Action (12 gauge)
    • 1943 Mosin Nagant (7.62x54R)
    • Norinco SKS (7.62x39)
    • 1954 Marlin Model 39A Lever Action (.22LR) (Mrs. Rocko's pride and joy)
    • Marlin Glenfield Model 60 Semi Auto (.22LR)
    • Winchester Model 1200 RIOT (12 gauge)
    • Phoenix Arms HP22A Semi Auto (.22LR)
    • Titan 25 (.25)
    • Hi-Point JHP45ACP (.45ACP)

I really do need to get an updated picture of the collection. If for no other reason than to update my insurance list.
    Last edited by 04 Rocko Taco; 05-22-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    -Chris
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.

Wow, that does have a really nice wood stock!

Here's the pistol i am building now. Still deciding on barrel and caliber. Thinking of 8"ish 5.56 or 11"ish 300 Blackout

Sent from my tappy tappy thingy
    My signature

Flame away, call me an idiot, whatever, I just dont get into the AR pistol thing.

I can appreciate them, but they just dont do it for me.

I like the look of that lower though.
    -Chris

Yeah, it's more of a fun gun and just because I can. Also, for CA, it's the closest I will be able to get to a SBR. Figured I would build a pistol while it's still legal, if I hate it, I can sell the upper and buffer and build another rifle upper. Or if I move out of CA, apply for my stamp.... actually lots of guys in free states build pistols while they wait for their stamp, that way they can legally build a sbr upper
    My signature

I'm right there with you Rocko on the Ar pistols. I'm not a fan of them.

Slo have you guys seen Sig's new arm brace for AR pistols? It's designed to put your arm through as a brace to steady your aim. However it looks like a but stock and although not it's legal "designed purpose" could be used as one. There's an ATF letter stating that they are legal when used in its intended form. But if SHTF and things get ugly who's going to stop you from using it as a butt stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: 97 4runner Sr5, 5spd, 4wd... Awaiting wife's approval to start wrenching

Past: 88 Grand Wagoneer AMC 360, 4wd R.I.P.

Yeah I have seen those. I would rather spend my $ on a better optic and a good solid single point sling. Building a pistol lower is a good legal way to build or own a short barrel upper (just don't ever attach it to a rifle lower unless you have a NFA stamp or there are zombies).

Sent from my tappy tappy thingy
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by BattleWagonActual View Post
    I'm right there with you Rocko on the Ar pistols. I'm not a fan of them.

Slo have you guys seen Sig's new arm brace for AR pistols? It's designed to put your arm through as a brace to steady your aim. However it looks like a but stock and although not it's legal "designed purpose" could be used as one. There's an ATF letter stating that they are legal when used in its intended form. But if SHTF and things get ugly who's going to stop you from using it as a butt stock.

Im surprised pencils arent outlawed in cali. I would rather catch a buttstock to the gut then get stabbed with a pencil. But wait that would mean showing your id to get a pencil.....

stamped and snail mailed
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
    Im surprised pencils arent outlawed in cali. I would rather catch a buttstock to the gut then get stabbed with a pencil. But wait that would mean showing your id to get a pencil.....

stamped and snail mailed
    Good thing I primarily use a pen. Lol. I feel like every other day CA is trying to make something or another illegal.

Current: 97 4runner Sr5, 5spd, 4wd... Awaiting wife's approval to start wrenching

Past: 88 Grand Wagoneer AMC 360, 4wd R.I.P.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast