Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocko's Random Gun Talk Thread.

Re: Rocko's Random Gun Talk Thread.

Figured I'd bump this thread since I'm surprised there isn't more gun talk going on here... other than what's going on in the Christmas thread!

Sounds like stuff might happen in January? Looks like I might not get the privilege of spending my tax return on something I didn't want until I found out I might be able to have it!

Still plan on getting my carry license and (probably) a S&W Shield in 40. I've been hearing a lot of good things about the gun and it's trigger. Capacity isn't there..but it's a thin gun that I would probably be more likely to carry than I would a double stack mag gun like the Glock 27(26 or 33[previously owned]) or XDm 3.8 compact...

Seen a 14" Mossy 590A1 shotgun that I also have my eye on for some good 'ol fashioned home defense.

Chris I know you just got a 1911 from Santa, any shooting time with it yet?

We had some fun yesterday.

-------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Navigator

1911's are nice... I would love to have one
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Nice pics.
    Except for a couple shotguns and a long gun I have what I want but who knows what is going to happen in January.

I bought an LC9 earlier in the year and I like it quite a bit. It's the perfect size, light, thin and with as little as a Techna Clip it's totally consealable and easy to wear. The Sheild looks nice but it came out after I bought the LC9 and I think it's only LE and military in CA.

I shot a rugar lcr this weekend and have a new respect for revolvers. Its time to buy anything right now it seems like

Yeah... I don't like all this January talk! I might see if my dad will loan me some $$ until I get my tax return, so I can go ahead and buy a few things. I don't think I have to worry too much about not being able to pickup a Shield after all of this since it doesn't hold over 10 rounds anyways.. but who knows.

It's too bad all the 'black rifle' prices are so inflated right now(for those that actually have any), or I'd pick one up. I really want a Springfield M1A Socom, but those things are $$$ even at normal pricing.

My plan right now is a S&W M&P Shield in 40, and Mossberg 590A1 14", and a rifle of some sort. AR style, or just a bolt action.

I like what the company Brass Stacker is doing with old Mosin Nagants (I love the Scout style rifles):
    [img width=800 height=531]http://brassstacker.com/images/D/127.jpg[/img]

If you guys are concerned about the future, then I'd recommend you focus on things that are potentially going to be banned. Revolvers small handguns, and bolt actions won't be a high priority, but the evil looking guns and standard capacity magazines will be.

Get magazines for any guns you're thinking of getting in the future.
    Steve

Yeah... I'm tempted to buy a few Glock 30rd magazines just for the hell of it.. I could see myself buying another Glock in the future.

REALISTICALLY if I were to buy an AR with my tax return.. that's going to cut into it enough that if I were to buy a pistol or shotgun as well... I pretty much don't have much left to put towards a down payment on a house.

I'd rather get my carry gun, and a shotgun for the house... and buy a house.. than get an AR that I only want because they're more-than-likely going to be banned..and no house.

A house certainly does come first.
    Steve

i have been working on my fireball spell since all the other ammo costs way to much right now if you can get any.
    [img width=800 height=481]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee94/docadw/gun%20stuff/fireball.png[/img]
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast