Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocko's Random Gun Talk Thread.

Re: Rocko's Random Gun Talk Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    Nice pics.
    Except for a couple shotguns and a long gun I have what I want but who knows what is going to happen in January.

I bought an LC9 earlier in the year and I like it quite a bit. It's the perfect size, light, thin and with as little as a Techna Clip it's totally consealable and easy to wear. The Sheild looks nice but it came out after I bought the LC9 and I think it's only LE and military in CA.
    CA Approved S&W Shields are now available. But the availability is zero on them. Haha.
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

Seems my luck. I've had a good time with the Ruger. Trigger is a problem for most people but I don't mind it. I may look into a replacement but it seems there is still a long stiff pull.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    YI like what the company Brass Stacker is doing with old Mosin Nagants (I love the Scout style rifles):
    [img width=800 height=531]http://brassstacker.com/images/D/127.jpg[/img]
    Please dont do that.

Mosins are fun as hell just the way they are. Get you a cheap 91/30 and have a ball, or if like others in this thread you have a fireball fetish get you an M44.

I have a pair of 91/30's, they are some of my favorite guns.

I did get to spend a small amount of trigger time with my new midsize 1911, and I like it so far, action is tight, but smooth as butter, we will see how it is after break in (around 500 rds).

I love the pictures above! We spent some time this saturday stretching out trigger fingers as well, shot a few of my favorite rifles, and shot a lot of skeet, and as mentioned, got some time with the new 1911.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Please dont do that.
    Eh.. if it were some high value collectible, I definitely wouldn't do that. But those Mosin's are so cheap, and in such an abundance, I wouldn't mind hacking one up. I also like that style. Might need to get both.. mod one, keep one stock.

To buy a Norinco SKS, or not to buy? That is the question...

Also, I recommend those of you who are against any type of weapons ban to at least consider doing the below if nothing else (taken from: Assault Weapons Ban 2013)...

This link will take you to a Congressional website where you can quickly and easily email your Senators, Congressmen and the President: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...046526&type=ML

You may use this message to send to your Senators, Congressmen and the President:

----------------

Greetings,

Due to the recent events at Sandy Hook elementary school we now face renewed threats to our Constitutional rights. While I understand how painful the loss must be for those touched by this tragedy, blaming firearms or their owners and punishing them is not the answer to the challenges we face as a nation.

We already have laws that were violated by a man who was likely psychotic and heavily medicated. This man was stopped by the mandatory background check from purchasing firearms. He then decided to murder his mother and take her legally owned firearms to commit this tragedy.

If your true goal is to protect our children, then enact legislation that will do that. Banning firearms that are rarely used in crime (less than 1% of the time) is not going to stop such tragedies, that was proven in 1999 when the Columbine shooting took place under the 1994 ban. Do something meaningful, please. Make committing the insane easier. Put armed security guards in our schools. But do not strip us of our rights and property by passing additional anti-gun laws that have historically had no positive effect on crime in our nation or others.

Thank you.

Navigator

Just did exactly that... Unfortunately, my senators will most likely not listen, since one is one of the main proponents of all this (Feinstein), and the other (Boxer) usually votes along with Feinstein >.< Hopefully my representatives will however, as they tend to be a little more receptive to suggestions.
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    Just did exactly that... Unfortunately, my senators will most likely not listen, since one is one of the main proponents of all this (Feinstein), and the other (Boxer) usually votes along with Feinstein >.< Hopefully my representatives will however, as they tend to be a little more receptive to suggestions.
    Yeah... I got automated responses back... by the time they read them, if they even do, the ban will probably already be in place. [not that it'll really make a difference anyhow]

I've actually gotten responses back from my representatives sometimes, so keep it up.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I have written several emails to my senators and congressman, and am foloowing up tomorrow with an actual written letter. So far just automated repsonses, but I just have to hope someone is reading them. Not that I think I have anything to worry about from my guys. they each received a score of 0 from The Brady Campaign, and a score of 92 from the NRA.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast