Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocko's Random Gun Talk Thread.

Re: Rocko's Random Gun Talk Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    To buy a Norinco SKS, or not to buy? That is the question...
    The guy sold it tonight. I was thinking about picking it up tomorrow if he still had it.

*Found another I might be picking up. Also placed an order for a few 33, 17, 15, and 12rd Glock 9mm magazines. Let see if the place actually gets them in stock before the *potential* ban.

can anyone recommend a complete AR-15 parts kit? Looking for something like M4 style with rail system to mount like a reflex sight and that's about it.

you looking for a complete rifle Bob? Or a rifle kit, where it has everything except a stripped lower?

Or something in between?

And are you looking for somewhere that has one in stock right now? or just recomendati0ns on good places to look?
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

I think a complete kit would just be an entire rifle. If I were you I'd get at least a lower. The prices are inflated and maybe hard to find but it will be what you need to get started. I went to two shops this past weekend and they had next to nothing. It was one of the larger shops and pretty much the place to go around here and they had 4 lowers and 3 complete AR's.
    The for sale board near the bathroom was full of guns selling above retail. Unless you've got money to spend I'd wait on an entire gun.

Yeah.. prices are definitely steep right now. People wanting several hundred for a stripped lower. I found one on Armslist a few days ago for $275.. cheapest one I've seen in a week or so.

i have the lower only.

ok sounds like i have to wait til the hysteria is over

you have a stripped lower? so you need a lower parts kit, and an upper, correct?
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

The new CTD (catalog #601) came today and the prices are not reflexive of the current market.

Old retail prices show:
    DPMS 5.56 complete build kit (everything except the stripped lower), 16" = $600
    JSE 5.56 complete M4 kit (everything except the stripped lower), 16" = $630

Low price for just a 5.56 or .223 upper was ~$450.

For current day you'd probably have to add 40% or more. Stock on hand is the bigger issue.

This issue also has a loose 1000 pack of Federal American Eagle 55g, .223 for $400. Today I was reading that at a gun show this past weekend 1000 rounds of .223 was going for a grand. Some guys are unloading it because they had tons and the market sky rocketed. They're buying more guns with sold ammo money and still sitting on mounds of ammo and empty brass.

i have an unmilled lower right now. that's it.

mike thanks for the info. i have no idea of the brands or kits that are good.

Personally, I'd at least get an upper on back order now, assuming it's close to normal price. And when I say now, I mean last week. Nobody knows what the ban will look like as they might even ban uppers. Who knows? If you get an upper on order now, at least it's in line and you might get it in time and you're not out much more money than if you bought one a year ago.

Brownells has a dpms complete upper for $495 that you can back order.

As an example of how fast things are moving right now, I put a dedicated .22 upper on back order at midway on 12-30-12, and now they're not even accepting back orders. Actually, they're not accepting backorders on any AR stuff right now.

Palmetto State Armory had a complete lower parts kit(stock and buffer tube) in stock 2 days ago and less than 16 hours later they were sold out.

We were just coming back down from the last panic so it's going to be a few years before thing come back down to the new normal.

-------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast