Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocko's Random Gun Talk Thread.

Navigator

Re: Rocko's Random Gun Talk Thread.

Awesome!
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Only been to the range with it twice so far... and to add to that, only 150 rounds. Going again on Wednesday during my lunch break to put another 100 through it.

Need to work on the technique!

It's not fun paying $20/box for 9mm at the range, knowing I *could* get a box for $15 at places like WalMart IF they had it in stock.. which they don't. I see reloading equipment in my future.

Reloading equipment is scarce right now too. I figure I'm not buying any ammo related stuff for at least 6 months to a year.

-------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I'm in the same boat Steve. I've reduced my outings a lot just because there is no ammo available for purchase at reasonable prices. Sure the ranges are empty but it's because everyone is at home on the internet while sitting on their piles of bullets.

My Dad and I have thought about reloading but we really don't shoot that much to warrant decent equipment. Not to mention equipment and supplies are scarce and/or expensive. I'd say, percentage wise, my stash has increased in value more than any investment I own in the past six months.

Navigator

At the gun show in my town last weekend, the bulk ammo was sold out within 2 hours of the start (and it probably would have been faster if they had more than 2 registers as they had a line out the door).
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Ranges aren't empty up here! Hour and a half wait for a lane on Saturday.. and even during lunch on the preceding Wednesday it was almost full. Hopefully tomorrow isn't packed so I can shoot over lunch again.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    My Dad and I have thought about reloading but we really don't shoot that much to warrant decent equipment. Not to mention equipment and supplies are scarce and/or expensive.
    Well, there are a couple more reasons it's good to reload, other than cost. 1) You can tailor the loads to optimize accuracy or recoil. The .40 bullets I shoot for competition and practice are powder puffs and recoil less than a 9mm. For rifle, I can dial in the load recipe until I get much better accuracy than off the shelf stuff. 2) Psychologically, you feel that the bullets don't cost as much, so you don't feel guilty about shooting. Contrary to popular belief, reloading is not cheaper than factory stuff because you end up shoot 10x more . But then, that's a good thing because all practice is good. In all seriousness, the savings really are significant.

You also don't necessarily need to spend a lot on a reloader if you don't shoot too much. I'd say, if you only shoot less than 1500 rounds a year, then you can get by with a single stage reloader. If you shoot more than that, then you're a good candidate for a progressive.

Oh, and reducing my outings to the range? That's inconceivable . (I have enough reloading components to last me at least a year, maybe more)
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Good find Cody! I'm jealous.

Waiting on my crossbreed for the 4" 1911 as well.

I'm wanting to get into reloading, just got to wait and find a deal on equipment in a year or so.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Boy oh boy is ammo scarce around here. Never thought I'd see the day when I couldn't get .22LR ANYWHERE.

I went to Cabellas the other day and they had NOTHING for pistol ammo. They had a few boxes of .32HR, .32 Auto, some 10mm, and .380. That - was - it. Even the oddball calibers are gone.

Glad I'm very well stocked on .22LR and 9mm. Only have a few boxes of .40S&W, guess I'll sit on those for a while and won't be shooting my Glock 27 anytime soon.
    '96 SR5 5VZ-FE. 89k . 265/75/16 REVO 2s. Sonoran Steel 1.2, HID projector retrofit, Lightforce 170s.

All the shops around here have looked the same since November. For the first time in months a place local to me had a small supply of handgun ammo so I bought a box of 9mm and .45 to the tune of $70. I still haven't seen .22lr for awhile but hear the big boxes are going for quite a bit of money.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast