Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you all like to see some bike-tech stuff?

Would you all like to see some bike-tech stuff?

I've been thinking of sharing bits and pieces of my former profession and on-going hobby. There's at least 3-4 of us here who ride dirt, some of us even still ride road.

Would you all like some sort of tech stuff for this part of the forum and if so what type of stuff to include?

Basic stuff..

Mods..

High(er) End Builds, Mods, Hard-Core?

Product reviews?

Just a thought, don't overload me here, but if you can build an engine IMHO you can overhaul a fork, well, except the high end stuff which is more involved. I'll share what knowledge I have (or legally can) to get more folks using their bikes.

Re: Would you all like to see some bike-tech stuff?

Bikes are cool.

Road, mountain, cross, whatever it is, it's better than walking.

One of the reasons I like going to work is knowing I get to ride home. So far this month I've logged 292 miles.

On that note Mike since you like LED's, What do you get when you cross a bike-geek with a spare-parts/throw-away bin and 20 minutes of time? This'll go great on either our '80 Ladies Schwinn Tourister or the '91 Trek 950 Singlespeed.

CatEye Opticube 6v/4AA (bad switch and chip) plus Tung-Lin 6v/Generator (frozen generator and blown bulbs) Systems
    [img width=800 height=600]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2135/5711762653_5b53074a74_b.jpg[/img]
    [img width=800 height=600]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3641/5711763697_058ea4afea_b.jpg[/img]

Cool. I've got friends building stuff like that for the 400K and 600K brevets going on around here.

Navigator

i love riding/building bikes.. been doing it since 7th grade.. i dont spend nearly as much time on either of my bikes as i would like though
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    ... So far this month I've logged 292 miles.
    Nice work Mike, I assume you're referring to bike month. I've still got a ways to go before I reach my goal.
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

I keep track every month but am participating in May is Bike Month. This is the first year I haven't done double centuries so my May will be a bit low. I got in 90 miles today so I think I'll still do ok. Most May's I get around 900 or so.

90 miles.... today? you bike guys amaze me.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    90 miles.... today? you bike guys amaze me.
    90 isn't all that bad. Ride time was almost 5 hours and I was still home to mow the lawn, play with the kid and head out to a BBQ. I made the mistake to have a cup of coffee in the afternoon. I didn't go to sleep until 11 so today I'm a little tired.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    I keep track every month but am participating in May is Bike Month. This is the first year I haven't done double centuries so my May will be a bit low. I got in 90 miles today so I think I'll still do ok. Most May's I get around 900 or so.
    It amazes me how many people are pledging 1500-2000+ miles for a month, that's a lot of dedication for a pair of socks. This year I'm shooting for 250 miles on a strict mountain bike regimen.

Keep up the good work Mike
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast