Well after looking and longing for a mountain bike for several years, a set of birthday presents made it possible to get one. After shopping craigslist, ebay, and several pawn shops for a few weeks I wasn't happy with what I was finding. So I started looking at Performance Bicycle, REI, and other bike shops.

After talking to techs at the shops and reading up online, I narrowed my selections down to a hardtail 29'r or an entry-level full suspension rig. Problem is, being 6'4" I needed a large or extra-large frame. So I looked through the in-stock bikes in the two performance bicycle locations in Tucson, and found my bike!

It's a 2009 Mongoose Teocali Comp, XL frame It's an all-mountain bike capable of a lot more than I am that's for sure. I got it for $790 out the door, and I feel is very well equipped at that price point! The frame has 5.7" travel in the rear, and the front Rock Shox Tora has 5.1" travel. Also has Tektro hydraulic disc brakes, and Shimano SLX derailers. Overall, I'm super excited about this thing; I just need to finish my shoulder physical therapy before I can ride it