Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need YOUR help for UY front page content!!!

I need YOUR help for UY front page content!!!

Hello UY members! I've been given the job (a.k.a. resposibility, curse) of keeping the UY front page fresh with up-to-date information and news about goings-on in the UltimateYota community. I'm aiming for a new articles or news snippets at least twice a month, depending on content availability.

To do this however, I will need your help! That means if you have an idea or suggestion for something that you would like to see on the UY front page, send me a PM and let me know! It could be news releases from Toyota, or a stolen rig of a fellow UY member, or a group buy on some sweet item, or a gieveaway, etc. etc... Pretty much anything that our members are interested in is fair game.

So, shoot me a PM and let's start making the UY Front Page a valuable resource for Toyota-specific news and information!
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Re: I need YOUR help for UY front page content!!!

welcome to hell brian... keeping up front page content is a nightmare!

im sure you will do great!

to fellow members, try suggesting trip reports and such, those are always interesting to read, even if its just camping and exploring.

also, the wiki has long been neglected. i have some articles im preparing for it, YOU SHOULD TOO!!! a few really good wiki articles a year for the front page would help alot.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Keep in mind everyone: I'm talking SNIPPETS here.

It's a lot of work to write paragraphs and paragraphs about events and happenings. Ideally what I would like the front page to look like is a bunch of dated posts with a few sentences about whatever is interesting, a picure or two, and a link to the thread or article it's referring to. SImple is better IMO, and will be more likely to stay up-to-date.
    Brian
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Here are a few suggestions I have:

1) Toyota news. Maybe list stuff like new updates for the Toyota trucks and SUVs. Maybe cars too.
    2) Trip reports. It doesn't have to be long...just a paragraph with a few pictures and a link to the thread.
    3) Maybe some sort of product review or "member's choice award". It could be guns, camp gear, winches, tents, air compressors, or whatever. I'm not really sure how to do this, and it might be kinda hard to pull off.
    4) Plus I like all the current stuff we have (stolen vehicles, rig of the month, pismo coverage, etc)

Anyways, that's just the stuff I vote on.

You guys are doing a great job with stuff already!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox
    Keep in mind everyone: I'm talking SNIPPETS here.

It's a lot of work to write paragraphs and paragraphs about events and happenings. Ideally what I would like the front page to look like is a bunch of dated posts with a few sentences about whatever is interesting, a picure or two, and a link to the thread or article it's referring to. SImple is better IMO, and will be more likely to stay up-to-date.
    dont do the work yourself so much as just grab a quote from a thread and put it up there.

example:
    "My roomie/landlord/high school buddy is moving in December and said we'll need to get the eff out of his house by then. Also just so happens that I'm reconsidering corp life for the time being and want to get off the east coast, with no open positions to transfer to it looks like I'm gonna pack up the buton down shirts for awhile and go back to dealership life." - Corax
    Corax's cross country thread - 2010 edition

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I'm mainly talking about stuff to go in the center where we have the pismo announcement and an announcement about yours truly...

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    Here are a few suggestions I have:

1) Toyota news. Maybe list stuff like new updates for the Toyota trucks and SUVs. Maybe cars too.
    Give me a specific news article, and I'll post a VERY short synopsis, picture, and link for a week or two.

2) Trip reports. It doesn't have to be long...just a paragraph with a few pictures and a link to the thread.
    I'm fine with posting trip reports as long as they had more than 4 or 5 members attend. I'd like to keep reports fairly recent, so only within say the last month, and I'll post a blurb about it for a week or two following the trip.

3) Maybe some sort of product review or "member's choice award". It could be guns, camp gear, winches, tents, air compressors, or whatever. I'm not really sure how to do this, and it might be kinda hard to pull off.
    I'm fine with that too, but as before give me specific articles. In short, you all do the legwork of finding articles you like, and I'll post them for a short time (1-2 weeks). Outdoors gear in the broad sense of the term will work.

4) Plus I like all the current stuff we have (stolen vehicles, rig of the month, pismo coverage, etc)
    We'll keep all of that, but the pismo coverage is going to drop off in a weeks once we have some articles to take it's place, it was a couple of months ago after all...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    dont do the work yourself so much as just grab a quote from a thread and put it up there.

example:
    "My roomie/landlord/high school buddy is moving in December and said we'll need to get the eff out of his house by then. Also just so happens that I'm reconsidering corp life for the time being and want to get off the east coast, with no open positions to transfer to it looks like I'm gonna pack up the buton down shirts for awhile and go back to dealership life." - Corax
    Corax's cross country thread - 2010 edition
    Exactly, if the thread has a good description in the start, I'll just use that.
    Brian

Bump..

I like the main article and the two little featurettes you threw up there within the last couple of days. Make's it nice and fresh.

Keep up the good work. The Rav-Tesla bit is of key importance to me given where I live and would love to return to work at.

you guys need to help out, im doing all the fricken work!

Wah!

If I actually get anything on my plate I'll pass it along for sure. Remember, I am out of the loop again, not at a dealership still. I actually am working with high-end clientelle on bicycles again. I'd love to be in that whole news loop hush-hush bit again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast