Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me pick a tv...

Re: Help me pick a tv...

okay, I realize what the good brands are... I can't f'n afford a good brand!
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    okay, I realize what the good brands are... I can't f'n afford a good brand!
    What's your budget, and what size are you looking for?
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

then between the two you listed, the 1080P. in a couple of years, you will be disappointed you bought a 720P.

i like the visio we have. our sylvania is meh.

walmart has good deals on tv's alot of the time.

check www.techbargains.com for deals, and if you find a tv you really want, www.pricegrabber.com to find the best price on it. i understand the want to use the best buy card, but bestbuy is expensive!

also check out www.sonicelectronix.com (ive made several purchases from them for car audio, top notch!!!)
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Basically I wanted to know what the difference was between 720p and 1080p in regards to HDTV as I had thought that all HD was 1080p. You guys definately helped me out on that, thanks!

My budget is nothing, hence us having to use our bestbuy card since we get 18months no interest (and we always pay it off way quicker than that) and it's just our family tv that will get used and abused by kids, so I don't really want to spend a ton in that regards too.

I went with the 1080 one I listed above based on your recommendations and the fact that it had way more inputs and outputs on it compared to the 720p one. About to play Baja edge of control right now.
    My signature

We have a Samsung 46" LCD - it's been great. If you can get fiber, do it - cable compresses the signal so much that it degrades the video. Kids are clamoring for a TV for the playroom, so I might be upgrading and giving them this one. I'd like something bigger (50"+ and LED thin)

+1 on not buying HDMI cables at the store. Buy.com usually has a 2 pack for $6.99. Stores want $30+ each.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12