Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gimp or photoshop people

gimp or photoshop people

I'm trying to save an image as a gif with transparency, and I can't seem to get it done! It's a simple white to transparent gradient. If I save it as a gimp or photoshop project could someone hook me up?

Navigator

Re: gimp or photoshop people

weird... im trying and the gradient isnt saving... the bottom half of the graded area is transparent and the top half is solid >.<
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I just did some quick research and this is what I found: go to Save for Web and Devices. A dialog box opens up. I played with it a little, from what I could find, gif does not save transparencies, but png-24 does...
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Well I just saved it as PNG, and it didn't appear to be working until I loaded it on the webpage. The gradient stayed.

I found a few tutorials for saving a gif with transparency in gimp, but I was missing a step because my final save wasn't giving me the right options.

Thanks you two.

Navigator

i think gif's cant save partial transparency well... it doesnt have enough data in the file, whereas PNG's are a larger file, so it can store enough data.. glad you got it to work
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

some_odd_girl--what's the story behind this beaut? Love it!

Sorry for the off-topic, inquiring minds want to know.

X2.

Yay I'm glad you figured it out!!

Oh, I used to work at a coffee shop and a customer of mine gave her to me. Her name is Betty. She's not in as good of condition now as she was when I got her, unfortuently... I don't have a garage so the vinyl on top is getting cracked, and the dashboard too. She could also use a really good tune up and new tires. But over all she's still in pretty damn good condition for an older Crown Vic.
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

I want someone to give me a Crown Vic! I think your words "she's not in as good of condition now as when I got her" would likely apply to my situation as well. I can safely say that goes for Mike too.

Yeah but you guys with trucks have an excuse. I don't go crawling in my Crown Vic. :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast