Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manhood license in jeopardy or not?

Re: Manhood license in jeopardy or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    I'd say keep em both cuz you know once you get rid of any of them you're going to pound sand when you need to drive either vehicle. As much as the 4runner is "impractical" I think it's still a very good utility vehicle for those random trips that require added cargo space and what not. I think I'd always keep a SUV under my stable just in case I need to haul something larger that won't fit in a station wagon/sedan/2dr crapper.
    Not to mention, you have to be ready for the zombie'pocalypse, this Iron Pig is proof of concept (zombie didn't stand a chance )
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    Bob, didn't you trade in your man card when you started to date Steve? :P

I'd say keep em both cuz you know once you get rid of any of them you're going to pound sand when you need to drive either vehicle. As much as the 4runner is "impractical" I think it's still a very good utility vehicle for those random trips that require added cargo space and what not. I think I'd always keep a SUV under my stable just in case I need to haul something larger that won't fit in a station wagon/sedan/2dr crapper.

Use the MB for your daily commute since it runs. You've put a lot of time and effort into it and I would hate to see that go on the selling block when it still has plenty of life in it. The 4runner can sit peacefully until needed. It'll be like any one of us that rarely drive our trucks (those that can afford it).

All good points, Lance. Exactly what runs through my mind when I think about the reasons why not to sell both. Really, the utility and reliability aspect is the best reasons to keep the 4runner. As for the Mercedes, I think if I can get this rolling on that 2nd tank WVO system I've been talking about, that would make me feel better---and a new paint job :P

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike

Not to mention that a '99, 5speed 3rd gen with low miles will hold it's value. If you drive it far less it miles will stay low, you won't have maintenace, etc. Bummer costs would be insurance and registration as well as a place to park it.
    Yeah, the 4runner doesn't get driven alot. its kinda sad how I neglect it, mostly b/c of lack of time. I really need to detail it. It's been YEARS, no joke.

When I do sell and move, I'll probably live in an apt its looking like now. So parking will be an issue.

But hey, both cars are paid for. Another compelling reason to keep

Quote Originally Posted by corax

WHAT is this? and where can I find more?!?
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco

That's a Toyota "Iron Pig" - FJ55?
    The pic was from a google image search and can be found in this thread at Zombiehunters.org.
    Good picture though, eh? If you find more / similar, let me know . . .
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

The guys have a point Bob. The 4runner is paid off. It's hard to make up the cost of gas when you have car payments again. On the flip side, if you're anticipating gas prices to go up to $4 per gallon, then yeah now would be a good time to sell because the 4runner will be hard to sell.

Personally, I'd get a subaru or something awd so I could still hit the snow.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    What's gas cost out there these days? Still a lot more than everywhere else? (just curious).

If not having a 4Runner revokes the man license, then I got neutered years ago.
    Right now in northern California it averages about $3.05 for regular unleaded. I got some for $2.90 last weekend with a grocery store discount and $3.00 at Costco. I filled up a State vehicle with $3.17 Chevron today. When I drive that vehicle I'm not directly paying for the gas so I don't shop around.
    OK, so it's roughly the same - we're maybe .10-.15 cheaper, but nothing nuts like it used to be.

Something to be said for no car payments, but most of my driving is local/short, so I don't feel the pinch at the pump as frequently.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco

That's a Toyota "Iron Pig" - FJ55?
    The pic was from a google image search and can be found in this thread at Zombiehunters.org.
    Good picture though, eh? If you find more / similar, let me know . . .

someone please post a close up of her!

Navigator

Hey Bob, if you do end up selling the 4runner hit up Coni! she wants a 99 5spd

personally though, i would not sell either.. merc diesels are good cars, and fairly easy to maintain, and the 4runner, well on this forum i shouldnt have to tell you why i would keep that
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123