http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...inkban11m.html

I'm deeply saddened that we've come down to this.

A situation where 9 kids, not even 21, do something stupid and can have an impact on every single adult in this state. It's beyond disgusting and these kids should be ashamed of themselves. Not to mention they were saying these kids were pouring shots of vodka into these drinks, beer was everywhere, other hard liquors were everywhere, it's a simple case of college binge drinking that went way out of hand.

They chose to drink, and no matter how good or easy a drink tastes, it does not remove the fact that they choose to drink, and drank to a level that required hospitalization. The blame for that lies on no one but their own.

But, we've got these idiot R's and D's running this state that feel the have to save everyone from their own stupidity, so they decide for all stupid AND responsible people that we can't handle this drink. Yet they give licenses to 16 year old kids who routinely die in accidents due to drinking and driving, racing, or simply doing something stupid, yet no one raises and issue over this.

I'm amazed that we've failed so badly as a society, that we feel the need to not let people pay for their own actions, and worst of all, that sacrificing freedoms is justifiable if it saves stupid people from themselves.

This goes right along with the banning of Happy Meals (or the toys in them) in San Fransisco.

Instead of educating people about their health, kids health, etc it's just easier to give the middle finger to freedom and have mommy and daddy government step in and screw everything up for people who DO use more than a few brain cells.

I'm sorry, but we can't save everyone, it sounds cold, but to put it simply, natural selection has to take its place at a certain point. Those too stupid to understand pounding alcohol or eating at McD's every day is bad for you do not deserve to continue their lifestyle, and the especially do not deserve to be the cause of ME loosing my freedoms.

Never mind the fact that banning these drinks will not stop one single kid from drinking.... Does anyone think that there will be one kid out there that thinks, "oh, they banned four loko, looks like I won't go get plastered this weekend!"

I'm going to ahead and say no, the kid will find something else to drink, or go find vodka and buy an energy drink. It's a waste of time, it's a slap in the face of freedom, and ultimately bad for our society as a whole. People have to pay for bad mistakes, that's how they learn. If you don't let them pay for their mistakes, they won't learn, and we dumb down our society/culture even more.

And for what it's worth, I hate these drinks, they taste like crap and give one hell of a hangover. But it's not about *the* drink, it's about government intervention into our personal lives and telling us what we can and can't have based on the stupidest people in our society.

And what's next, some kids go out and get plastered off of something else, or do something stupid and get hurt, are we going to ban that? How do we stop this nanny-state mentality?